There are many reasons why we envy Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's relationship (beyond the obvious aesthetic ones), and Pitt provided us with a few more in a new interview with V magazine. The actor, talking about his new project, By the Sea, which he stars in alongside Jolie who also directed the film, shared some tidbits about working/living/being in love with his wife that reminded us why we should be jealous:
1) They GET each other, instinctively: "I operated on pure instinct. Angie and I have too much history and understanding of each other to question beyond there."
2) Their kids always brush their teeth: "At the end of the day, we get to be parents, greeting our lovely, crazy children and talking about their day, making sure they brush their teeth, so all the tension from our day is tabled…until the next."
3) Their relationship is the stuff of metaphors: "[By the Sea] was probably not the wisest way to spend a honeymoon, but then again, fighting to make something together…what better metaphor for marriage? It's not a film that responds to the current zeitgeist or mode of storytelling—rather, a quiet, mature look at the challenges of love and adult loss."
4) He really likes taking orders from her: "It's surprising how much I enjoy the direction of my wife. She's decisive, incredibly intuitive, knife-sharp, and might I say, sexy at her post."
5) HE TRUSTS HER WITH HIS LIFE: "I trust her with my life."
Follow Marie Claire on Instagram for the latest celeb news, pretty pics, funny stuff, and an insider POV.