Sure, musicians everywhere might dream of one day taking home a Grammy award. But even if you come close—or just happen to be invited to the show—you're already a winner. That's because companies shower you with tens of thousands of dollars worth of gifts.
Fortune reports that marketing firm Distinctive Assets has been presenting Grammys swag for 17 years, and this year, that amounted to more than $22,0000 worth of goodies. One hundred and fifty presenters, executives, nominees, and other artists get invited to their gift lounge, and leave with a piece of luggage filled with swag.
Here are just a few of the pricey options that were included:
- Fit Club TV's "Ultimate Fitness Package," including a week at a fitness resort: $6,180
- Session of "ultherapy," a skin tightening procedure, by plastic surgeons Stafford Broumand and Daniel Mann: $5,500
- Organic, gluten-free, and vegan cocktails from The Natural Mixologist: $2,250
- Interior decorating services: $1,000
- A week at the Golden Door Resort & Spa: $1,000
But the Grammys swag is pocket change compared to the gifts that Oscar-nominated actors and directors will get this year. The Daily Beast reports that they'll take home a record-breaking $200,000 worth of gifts, including trips to Israel and Japan, a year's worth of Audi car rentals, and even a $1,900 "vampire breast lift." So if you're trying to decide between a career in acting or music, keep in mind that actors get the better swag.
Follow Marie Claire on Instagram for the latest celeb news, pretty pics, funny stuff, and an insider POV.