Taylor Swift’s “…Ready for It?” music video has a little something for everyone. Obsessed with her relationship with Joe Alwyn? Step right up. Love the snake narrative? Sure, they slithered their way into this video. Can you read Chinese? Taylor’s got some telling messages. Or maybe you’re just a walking library of Taylor music videos, because there are some references to her past as well. Below, a list of some of the Easter eggs you might have missed in the video.
1. First up, we have “forever love” written in Chinese. Note how the character for love is written four times.
2. 89 and 91 FTW. Fans have noted that not only is Taylor’s birth year written in graffiti here, 1991 refers to the birth year of none other than her boyf Joe. Yes, but can someone tell me what the colors mean?
3. From left to right, “future” is written in Chinese, along with Year of the Snake, and the words “All Eyes on Us.” Very inquisitive, that Taylor.
4. “I love you in secret.” Could this be in reference to her super private relationship with Joe, which has been going on for the better part of the year?
5. These characters spell out “Joseph.” Which could be for director Joseph Kahn or Joe Alwyn.
6. “UR Gorgeous.” Thanks, Taylor, but I’m pretty sure this is in reference to your new song.
7. Here, Taylor punches in “2” and “1.” Joe’s birthday, FYI, is Feb. 21. It also looks like the numbers are written in snake form.
8. More snake! Yep, that’s a baby snake crawling up cyborg Taylor’s face.
9. You can be my halo. That’s Joseph’s name in graffiti complete with a halo. Again, it could be in reference to Joseph the director, who’s made most of Taylor’s music videos, or boyfriend Joe.
10. Taylor brings back her "Blank Space" eyes. Taylor Nation noticed this one right away.
11a. This horse looks familiar, no? If your first thought was “Blank Space,” you can pat yourself on the back and call yourself a Swiftie for life.
11b. This pose also looks familiar. BRB going to listen to “Out of the Woods” because it’s been a while, okay?
12. Taylor is breaking free, y'all. Taylor is not here to play.
13. Calvin Harris, this one’s for you. When will we stop thinking of Calvin and “This Is What You Came For” every time we see lightning?
14. Speaking of Calvin, is Taylor's cyborg a wink to Nils Sjöberg? Fingers crossed Nils comes back to write another hit song. Miss you, Nils.
15. “They’re burning all the witches.” The platform also looks a lot like the “Look What You Made Me Do” video.