Now that you've had some time to watch Netflix's new trailer for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life several times, it's time to dissect it from
beginning to end winter to fall. For starters, Stars Hollow looks fantastic — whatever the season. Its residents aren't too shabby either. Luke is great. Lorelai and Rory are perfect. Emily is ageless. Jess, mother may I...
1. Stars Hollow is in full bloom in spring. And it's nice to see the town getting in touch with diversity but one question — why is Vietnam the only country represented in this International Food Festival?
2. Pop Tarts are still part of a Gilmore's version of a well balanced breakfast. And here are Rory and Lorelai being cool with a 2015 reference to Tori Spelling's Benihana burn incident.
3. Lorelai's kitchen has not one but TWO coffee machines. It's 2015/16. Why not have two coffee machines (as the next two slides show)? You can never have too much coffee, especially if you're a Gilmore.
4. Oh hey, Al's Pancake World. Why are Rory and Lorelai drinking from Al's and not Luke's to-go coffee cups? Does Al have the best coffee in town now?
5. Spruce up the place, they say. It will look wonderful, they say. This is Emily's way of paying tribute to Richard. Pour one out for Richard (and the great Edward Herrmann) at some point today, will ya?
6. This is very Mad Men. Perhaps it's a nod to Alexis Bledel's guest appearance on Mad Men? I'm expecting Peggy and Don to pop out of those elevators any moment now.
7. Rory is seemingly lost, but she still has time for a superhero convention. Maybe she's undercover for a story? Maybe she's in full costume as Christiane Amanpour?
8. Here is Kirk at Friday night dinner. No one knows why he's there. I don't think even Kirk knows why he's there. Also, where is Lulu?
9. Poll: Is this the Dragonfly Inn or a youth hostel? And why is that guy exercising in the dining room? Does he have any respect for all the icons who've dined in that room, namely, Norman Mailer?
10. Mae Whitman's scene = the scene where everyone will cry, probably. No one knows who Amber from Parenthood will play in Gilmore Girls, but if I know anything about Amber, Sarah, and all the tears they shed (and all the tears I shed), it's that this will not be a light scene.
11. I need to frame this Emily Gilmore in jeans moment ASAP. She also KonMaris the shit out of her mansion and discovers nothing really gives her joy anymore, not even those dining chairs. RIP dining chairs.
12. Rory has several moments of solitude in the trailer. Here is one of them. Who's coming down the stairs? What's Rory thinking about? Who's the guy in the framed photo under the lamp?
13. Jess looks fiiiiiiine. But where is Jess and what's with the old computer behind him? Is that man even alive? Does Jess work at a museum that houses technology from the '90s and '00s?
15. Rory's back at Chilton. Judging from previously released photos, maybe Rory's a visiting professor? Or maybe she teaches there full time? Either way, she looks sooooo relieved to not be wearing plaid.
16. Autumn sunlight suits Dean. And so does greasy hair. Maybe he's in town inquiring about a Doose's franchise?
17. Sookie is still kicking ass in the kitchen. She's also got a dirty, dirty mind. Apparently, icing coming out of a tube is "pornographic." Oh, Sookie.
18. Feast your eyes on Logan, who apparently is a Surface tablet guy. (Really Logan? iPads look so cool though). He is also ageless. Note: unlike Jess, both Dean and Logan do not have speaking parts in the trailer. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
19. Paris has Scandal hair while rolling her eyes at Chilton. But let's hope things play out better for Liza Weil in Stars Hollow.
20. Lane's still drumming, with Hep Alien, perhaps? Where are her twins and more importantly, where is her darling mother Mrs. Kim?
21. More guest stars! Sutton Foster and Christian Borle (the guy from Smash) are in the musical portion of the revival. Cute!
22. Emily gets the last laugh. Is this her new home? Did she get a place in California? Is this where the rumored wedding will take place?
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life premieres on Netflix Nov. 25.