The Duke of Cambridge has released a statement following the bombing at Manchester Arena on Monday night.
Speaking on behalf of himself, the Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry, the Duke said they were "shocked and saddened" by the tragedy, which killed 22 people and left 59 others injured as fans left an Ariana Grande concert.
"Like everyone, Catherine, Harry, and I are left shocked and saddened by the tragedy that unfolded in Manchester overnight," William said in the message shared by Kensington Palace.
"Hundreds of friends, parents, children, and partners are confronting unimaginable grief today, and we send our thoughts to them all. We also send our thanks to the people of Manchester for their display of strength, decency, and community that is an example to the world."
Earlier on Tuesday, the Queen labeled the attack an "act of barbarity" in her response to the news. She shared her "deepest sympathy" to those affected by the incident and praised the emergency services as well as the people of Manchester for their "humanity and compassion."
Prince Charles also expressed his shock in a message of condolence released by Clarence House. "Words cannot adequately express what so many families must be feeling at this incredibly difficult time and our most heartfelt sympathy is with all those who have so tragically lost loved ones or who have been affected in some way," he wrote.