Yes, you could slap on a pair of ears and a bodysuit and dub yourself a mouse, but it's always more fun to get creative for Halloween—from your hair down to your carefully curated outfit. This year, draw inspiration for your homemade costume from these 13 pop-culture getups, ranging from the culturally relevant to the all-time classic.
1. Crystal Hair Comb, $68
2. Ponte Sheath Dress, $30
3. Le Specs Cat-Eye Tortoiseshell Acetate Sunglasses, $60
4. Bling Jewelry, $33
5. Long Black Nylon Gloves, $6
A black cigarette holder in hand and you're all set to play one of Manhattan's most iconic silver screen socialites, Holly Golightly. The best part about this outfit is that you probably already own the work-friendly black sheath: now all you have to do is some light shopping on the accessories.
1. Maximus Silky Hair Clip, $54
2. Marc Jacobs Fur Coat, $1,095
3. Lacoste Stripe Pique Polo Dress
4. Cole Haan Emmons Penny Loafer, $100
Some heavy eyeliner and a blunt bob are the final accents to this iconic indie role. You could probably source everything from a faux-fur coat to some worn-in loafers at a local thrift store, too.
1. Reversible Sateen Bomber Jacket, $160
2. Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Raglan Tee-Shirt, $22
3. Gold Spike Stretch Bracelet, $16
4. Converse Chuck Taylor Americana High Top, $60
Load up on the spiked gold jewelry and eye makeup this year to play Suicide Squad baddie Harley Quinn. To complete the look, check out this makeup moment for inspiration and chalk-dye your hair in red, white, and blue.
1. Halter One-Piece Swimsuit, $88
2. Flannel Check Long Sleeve Shirt, $30
3. Moto Rich Indigo Jamie Jeans, $70
4. Wedge Heeled Sandals, $30
Mickey, the lovable stoner cynic on Netflix's Love, also happens to have one of the most recognizable outfit combos in recent TV history, and we're okay with wearing this one way past Halloween.
1. Retro Hippie Round Colour Lens Glasses, $10
2. Laurette Dress, $75
3. Jeffrey Campbell Over-the-Knee Floral Boot, $215
4. Caius Western Jacket, $330
Penny Lane's cool Band Aid aesthetic (complete with wild curls) from Almost Famous never gets old. This year, emulate the Free Love-era with a '70s-inspired Mongolian fur shawl collar and Penny's signature blue tinted lenses.
1. Off-the-Shoulder Bodysuit, $35
2. Thick Medium Hoop Earrings, $30
3. Imitation Leather Leggings, $25
4. Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Bergen Clogs, $160
5. Rouge Allure Intense Long-Wear Lip Colour in 'Passion,' $37
The Grease heroine is a classic for Halloween moments, from a red lip and tight curls to thigh-hugging leather. "Tell me about it, stud."
1. Multicolor Butterfly Band, $4
2. Vintage Wash Crewneck Tee, $15
3. Satin Lipstick in 'Casablanca', $28
4. Vans Washed Denim Shoes, $40
5. Orange Scrubs, $14
Nab Piper's look from Orange Is the New Black (or another of your favorite prison characters) with a pair of tangerine scrubs, understated sneakers, and a temporary tattoo—the more visible the ink, the better.