Phillip Lim, creative director and co-founder of New York-based fashion brand 3.1 Phillip Lim, has been sharpening his cooking skills on Instagram these days. We asked him to share a recipe and was thrilled he offered this take on an omelette just in time for the weekend.
leftover cooked rice
white pepper to taste
seasoning sauce or salt to taste
- In a small bowl, gently beat the eggs
- Heat 1 tbs of avocado oil in a nonstick wok or frying pan
- Add half of the chopped scallions to the oil and cook on medium heat (reserve the rest of the scallions for later)
- Add the leftover rice and season with white pepper and seasoning sauce or salt
- Remove the mixture and set aside in a small bowl
- Add remaining avocado oil to the wok and heat on medium-low
- Add the remaining chopped scallions and let cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the eggs and swirl the pan around to create a thin layer, moving the bulk of the egg out from the center of the plan to cook it evenly
- Add the rice and scallion mixture to the center of the omelet, and gently fold the sides in
- Flip the omelet over to seal it closed
- Finish with more white pepper to taste and enjoy!