JJ Martin, founder of the fashion and lifestyle brand offering super colorful 60s prints on dresses, plates and pillows, has found comfort in cooking during this time. We've asked her to share a recipe from her Milanese kitchen that she's been relying on these days and Martin landed on an Ayurvedic kitchari. Like her bold collection, this immune-boosting dish has bright flavors that will no doubt bring happiness to your mind and body.
cooked basmati rice
mother beans (soaked overnight)
piece of curcuma or turmeric root, chopped
large piece of ginger, chopped
large bunch of chard
extra virgin olive oil
coriander, to taste
cumin, to taste
turmeric, to taste
hosin powder, to taste
gomashio for garnish
- Chop the onion, ginger, and curcuma.
- Add the onion, ginger, and curcuma to olive oil and fry with the spices for 10 minutes.
- Add rice and mother beans, mix with the vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Add 4-5 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the sweet potatoes and the white part of the chard, chopped, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the green part of the chard and let the everything cook together for 10 minutes.
- Add a bit of gomashio for the garnish and it's done!