Update (2/4/17, 10:45 a.m.): On Saturday, the Department of Homeland Security said it has "suspended any and all actions implementing" President Donald Trump's ban and will be inspecting travelers as it did before the order a week ago. Said DHS acting press secretary Gillian Christensen in a statement, according to CNN:
"In accordance with the judge's ruling, DHS has suspended any and all actions implementing the affected sections of the Executive Order entitled, 'Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States.' This includes actions to suspend passenger system rules that flag travelers for operational action subject to the Executive Order."
In addition, a State Department official told CNN that the cancellation of visas that were "provisionally revoked" after the order has been reversed, as long as they weren't marked as cancelled.
Many have been standing up against President Donald Trump's immigration ban of seven primarily Muslim countries, and Trump is doing everything in his power to defend it—even firing acting attorney general Sally Yates. Now, the Trump administration is vowing to fight a federal judge's Friday ruling that temporarily blocked the immigration order, effectively reopening the country to visa holders.
U.S. District Judge James Robart, a George W. Bush appointee who blocked the ban, said that the states "have met their burden of demonstrating that they face immediate and irreparable injury as a result of the signing and implementation of the Executive Order."
An airline executive told CNN that shortly after, US Customs and Border Protection alerted airlines that the government "would quickly begin reinstating visas that were previously canceled, and it advised airlines that refugees in possession of US visas will be admitted as well."
The White House initially called the ruling "outrageous" (though a revised statement later omitted this word, according to The New York Times), claiming it would fight it as soon as possible. Said press secretary Sean Spicer in a statement:
"At the earliest possible time, the Department of Justice intends to file an emergency stay of this outrageous order and defend the executive order of the President, which we believe is lawful and appropriate. The President's order is intended to protect the homeland and he has the constitutional authority and responsibility to protect the American people."
Omar Jadwat, director of the Immigrants' Rights Project at the ACLU, told The Times:
"What we're seeing here is the courts standing up to the unconstitutional ban that President Trump imposed. There's obviously more litigation to come, but this is truly good news for the many people both in this country and abroad who have been unfairly targeted on the basis of their religion by this ban."
Of course, that didn't stop Trump from taking to Twitter over the course of Saturday morning to respond to the block:
Follow Marie Claire on Facebook for the latest celeb news, beauty tips, fascinating reads, livestream video, and more.