Let's face it. Straight hair can get a bit boring after a while. Follow these steps to add luxurious waves and gentle curls to straight hair:
1. Use products for curly hair. Start by using shampoo and conditioner that is designed for people with curls. Even if you don't have curls yet, this type of shampoo is a good start.
2. Towel dry hair.
3. Apply volumizer. Rub your hands together. Apply the volumizer by running your fingers through your hair, coating it from root to end.
4. Blow dry hair.
5. Use curling iron or rollers. Either way, the width of the curler will be the size of the curl.
6. Wrap sections of hair. Wrap them around the curling iron or roller.
7. Spritz lightly with hairspray. While they're in place for a longer lasting hold. Hold the curl in the iron for a few seconds and then move on. If you're using curlers, remove them.
8. Toss and scrunch hair Spray a light coat of hairspray to hold the curl.
1. Blow dry hair. In sections.
2. Twist and pin hair. While the section is hot, twist it around your finger. Wrap and secure it with a bobby pin. Do this all over your head. For a messy look, twist hair in different directions.
3. Spritz with hairspray. Leave the hair pin in for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove pins.
5. Loosen hair with fingers.
Check out Marie Claire's how-to video for visual instructions!
Get the Look: Creating Curls and Waves