1. Organize and paint your kitchen cabinets. Feel your mother's sense of pride radiate from three states away.
2. Spend the entire day on hold with the cable company.
3. Propose. It's customary in parts of Europe for women to ask for a guy's hand in marriage on February 29. In fact, the tradition holds that if the lucky bachelor says no, he has to buy the dejected lady a gift to soften the blow. (Hear that, Clooney? We're coming for you.)
4. Find and assemble all your tax receipts. Think of creative ways to expense your mortgage, your new plasma TV, and that Dior purse.
5. Get the 24-hour flu out of the way.
6. Instead of getting your own life, watch the complete series of My So-Called Life on DVD.
7. Road trip to Ikea! Spend three hours shopping, 20 hours struggling with the Allen wrench, and the remaining hour weeping when you realize the bookshelf is too big for your apartment.
8. Wax, pluck, bleach, shave, cut, dye, straighten, fluff.
9. Board games!
10. Stop fooling yourself and just go shopping.
The Perfumer Behind Last Year's Most Talked-About Fragrance Just Released Another Perfect Scent
Aqua Media Cologne forte embodies a feeling of balance and harmony.
By Deena Campbell
'Yellowface' Is Our June Book Club Pick
Read an excerpt from R.F. Kuang's latest novel, here, then dive in with us throughout the month.
By Brooke Knappenberger
I Scoured the Summer Runways—Here Are the Six Shoe Trends Actually Worth Buying
Hit the ground running this season.
By Emma Childs
Peloton’s Selena Samuela on Turning Tragedy Into Strength
Before becoming a powerhouse cycling instructor, Selena Samuela was an immigrant trying to adjust to new environments and new versions of herself.
By Emily Tisch Sussman
This Mutual Fund Firm Is Helping to Create a More Sustainable Future
Amy Domini and her firm, Domini Impact Investments LLC, are inspiring a greater and greener world—one investor at a time.
Power Players Build on Success
"The New Normal" left some brands stronger than ever. We asked then what lies ahead.
By Maria Ricapito
Don't Stress! You Can Get in Good Shape Money-wise
Yes, maybe you eat paleo and have mastered crow pose, but do you practice financial wellness?
By Sallie Krawcheck
The Book Club Revolution
Lots of women are voracious readers. Other women are capitalizing on that.
By Lily Herman
The Future of Women and Work
The pandemic has completely upended how we do our jobs. This is Marie Claire's guide to navigating your career in a COVID-19 world.
By Megan DiTrolio
Black-Owned Coworking Spaces Are Providing a Safe Haven for POC
For people of color, many of whom prefer to WFH, inclusive coworking spaces don't just offer a place to work—they cultivate community.
By Megan DiTrolio
Where Did All My Work Friends Go?
The pandemic has forced our work friendships to evolve. Will they ever be the same?
By Rachel Epstein