Blouses that button up the back are Satan's greatest triumph.
It's amazing how quickly one person can go through a roll of toilet paper.
OMG, the hair in the drain is all yours.
Dinner tastes better eaten pants-less, standing at the sink.
A Slim Jim and a Snack Pack pudding make for a really satisfying meal.
Alone time makes you philosophical: If I eat this wedge of cheesecake and no one is here to see it, did I really eat it?
It's easy to go 48 hours without speaking.
8. Things You Can Now Do Naked:
Dice, disinfect, dust, vacuum, hang, knit, crosswords, read, play Wii, shop online, bank online, blog, file taxes, prune indoor garden, macrame, sweep, whittle, blow glass, watercolor, glaze, sculpt, polish, refurbish, rewire, Tae Bo, role-play, Google, play darts.
9. What to Netflix while you're waiting for the cable guy to show up: The Money Pit, Funny Farm, Grey Gardens, Under the Tuscan Sun, The Station Agent, and season one of Big Love (for the days you miss having roommates).
10. I Need to Do That? Professionally shampoo rugs once a year ... dry-clean drapes every two years ... defilm the coffeemaker every three months ... deodorize the microwave monthly ... change bedsheets weekly.
11. TAKE THAT, SMUG COUPLES: In general, married women experience more depression than do single women.
12. TRY A PET ROCK: 76% of animal hoarders (think 19 dogs, 32 cats, and a zebra in one house) are women, and over half live alone.
13. BEWARE THAT DIPTYQUE (and for heaven's sake, don't light a vanilla one): 18,000 home fires are started annually by candles.
More Articles from the Smart Girl's Guide to Living Alone