Before the panel started, GSK gave me some stats from their recent survey about Americans dysfunctional relationship with food. I know youll be rethinking your next meal after seeing the five most shocking stats below. I am!
* 25% of Americans eat too fast for the taste of our food to even register. Thats just a waste, people...
* 27% of us always clean our plate, even when were full. I am hard-wired to do this, I admit.
* 29% of us have scarfed down dinner without ever putting down our utensils. What are we, cavemen?
* 37% of us cant tell when weve had enough of our fav foods.
* Worst of all A whopping 79% of us believe we are in control of our eating habits. Yet the CDC says fully two thirds of us are overweight. And those numbers just dont add up.
The panels most heart-stopping moment? KayCee Stroe, better known as the character Martha Cox from Disneys High School Musical series, broke down in tears describing her 400-pound sister receiving catty comments about the stuff in her cart at the grocery story. Stroes plea? Yes, America has a weight problem. But lets handle it in a classy way, with love and no judgment. Sounds good to us.