1. What brings you the greatest joy? Laughing.
2. What is your pet peeve? Moodiness.
3. What is the best advice you've been given? "Be kind." Greg Daniels, my mentor from The Office, told me that.
4. What app can you not live without? Hopscotch, an awesome coding app for kids that I use, too.
5. What TV show can't you miss? The Walking Dead. I have a big crush on Rick, the ragged/rugged sheriff.
6. What movie had the greatest ending? Bridget Jones's Diary.
7. What is on your liquor shelf? Mike's Hard Lemonade Frozen.
8. What is your greatest indulgence? I like to take my writing staff on trips. We went to Vegas last summer. I'd love to take them somewhere up north, like Redwood National Park.
9. What charities do you support? Pancan.org (opens in new tab), a great organization that helps people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and their caregivers.
10. Who do you follow on Twitter? @ders808 (opens in new tab) (Anders Holm), @sethrogen (opens in new tab), @glennhowerton (opens in new tab). My favorite account is my best friend B.J. Novak's [fictional] teenage sister Keough's, @keonovak (opens in new tab).
11. Who are your heroes? My mom and dad—both smart, funny, insanely hardworking people who raised me to believe I could do whatever I wanted.
12. What is your beauty secret? I still break out (thanks, genetics), so I use this cool blue-light device called the Tria.
13. What splurge is well worth it? I just bought some land in the Hollywood Hills with a dilapidated shack on it that my dad (an architect) and I are excited to renovate.
14. What is on your nightstand? A picture of my mom, a bottle of water, and Post-its and a pen.
15. What is on your bookshelf? Haruki Murakami's What I Talk About When I Talk About Running. I'm an avid slow jogger.
16. What is your favorite food? Australian red licorice.
17. What makes you laugh? I love characters who are somewhat offensive but also deeply sensitive (Kenny Powers from Eastbound & Down, Michael Scott from The Office).
18. What makes you cry? Paul Simon's Graceland album.
19. What is on your feet? Nicholas Kirkwood pumps at night, Adidas Originals x Opening Ceremony sneakers by day.
20. What was your favorite vacation? New York City last May: I was hanging with my best friend Jocelyn's son (and my godson), Makua; doing The Daily Show with my crush Jon Stewart; meeting President Obama; and taking barre classes to offset all the awesome New York food I ate.
1. Kaling's show, The Mindy Project, was just renewed for a third season.
2. Paul Simon with Miriam Makeba on his Graceland tour, 1987.
3. The alcohol Kaling has on her liquor shelf.
4. Australian red licorice.
5. The book on Kaling's nightstand.
6. Jon Stewart, a Kaling crush.
7. Renée Zellweger and Colin Firth in Bridget Jones's Diary.
8. Nicholas Kirkwood pump.
A Celebrity Colorist Explains Why You Should Always Wash Your Hair After Coloring It
Every color needs a good cleanse.
By Gabrielle Ulubay
Lizzo's Game-Changing Eyebrow Hack Is About to Revamp Your Makeup Routine
She also gave us a peek inside her makeup bag.
By Samantha Holender
This Is the Only Dry Shampoo That Makes My Hair Feel Clean—Not Crunchy
Bonus: It’s only $8 per bottle.
By Samantha Holender
Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine Play 'How Well Do You Know Your Co-Star?'
The 'Modern Family' stars reunited for the 'Pitch Perfect' spinoff series.
By Brooke Knappenberger
The 78 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes of All Time
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors