In case you haven't been paying attention, Tyra Banks has not aged a day since the '90s. It's so mind-boggling that she no longer ages in human years, but in #TyraYears, according to which she is only 27.
And at long last, Banks is spreading the anti-aging wealth—and not just by telling us to moisturize and drink lots of water, but by unveiling her own skincare line AKA the toolkit for freezing your visage in time à la Tyra. Here's what you need to know.
1. TYRA Beauty skincare has been years in the making. "For years, me and my Crew (Editor's Note: yes, with a Capital C) have worked with scientists and developers, testing, tweaking, and fine-tuning these products to bring you a new kind of skincare," she writes on her site. This makes perfect sense to us because Banks is self-proclaimed perfectionist and wouldn't let anything go to market unless it was just right.
2. The line was inspired by her mama. It's where she got "it" from, after all. "People always ask me, in person and on social media, what do I do to keep my skin looking so young? And I tell them...my Mama taught me everything I know!," she writes. And damn, if her mother Carolyn London's glow isn't just as miraculously age-defying.
3. It's an all-encompassing range that's wallet-friendly. There are three hallmark offerings. The Clean Machine Foaming Face Wash + Turbo Cleansing Tool ($29) is a 3-in-1 face wash that cleans, removes makeup, and gently exfoliates the skin for a squeaky-clean finish every morning and night. Following the cleanse, you can use the Secret Weapon ($49), a microdermabrasion wand, to further buff away dead skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines for a youthful glow. Finally, there's The Closer ($39), a serum that repairs, hydrates, and soothes the skin all at once because that makes life easy. And then, if you want to get a little extra with your routine, you can reach for the Instant Gratification Lift + Smooth + Illuminate Mask, which will refresh your face (i.e. counteract dullness, even out skin tone, and shrink pores) in all of eight minutes. You can get the whole shebang with her Makeover Your Skin Extreme Collection set, which includes all the above.
TYRA Beauty Makeover Your Skin Extreme Collection Skincare Set, $117; tyra.com.
4. It's got the before-and-after results to back up its claims. Yes, Banks is a skincare freak, but she's also very blessed in the genetics department. So to prove that her line works on women who are not former Victoria's Secret Angels, she's got the receipts.
5. Tyra is still fierce AF. Just in case you had any doubts.