Miles Teller is not particularly happy with his most recent cover interview, which made the rounds online this week because it...how shall we say...doesn't paint him in the most flattering light.
"You're sitting across from Miles Teller at the Luminary restaurant in Atlanta and trying to figure out if he's a dick," the profile begins.
"So yeah," it continues several paragraphs later, "he is kind of a dick."
What did Teller think? Well, hours after the story went live on Esquire.com Wednesday, he tweeted this:
Miles Teller is on a quest for greatness (with a bit of dickishness too). Our interview: http://t.co/qDEUGP5Z24 pic.twitter.com/XVdoFMqEJSAugust 5, 2015
His co-stars from the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot also came to his defense.
My movie husband @Miles_Teller is crazy talented and a truly fantastic person.@esquireAugust 6, 2015
Of course, the profile, by Esquire's Anna Peele, doesn't just call him a dick. It also delves into his career (including the absurdly small amount of money he's made on indie films), his painful car accident (and the emotional fallout), and how much he claims to not give a shit.
Oh, and it also discusses the supposed shape of his penis.
Here are seven highlights, some dick-ish, some not at all.
1. He compared his penis to a highball glass. And told the waitress at the restaurant where the interview took place about it.
[image id='912eca33-2e14-4668-a2fe-697ce1c5656b' mediaId='51a6239c-767b-4174-a376-d52ab4f56540' caption='Highball glass.' share='true' expand='true' loc='C'][/image]
2. He showed Peele a picture of his back muscles. The reason, according to Peele, was to "prove how strong he is."
3. He says he earned just $8,000 for Whiplash, which garnered a Best Picture nomination and Best Supporting Actor award for Teller's co-star J.K. Simmons. He also claimed to make just $5,000 for Rabbit Hole and $7,000 for The Spectacular Now.
4. He grapples with which types of movies to do. "It's hard to get to the right position, to be somebody who is commercially successful and critically acclaimed," he said. "That's the sweet spot."
5. He bragged about smoking a ton of weed in college. "Me and my buddies prided ourselves," he said. "We were like, 'Nobody smokes this much pot. I guarantee you can ask anyone in this dorm, man . . . we smoke a lot.'" Teller said he quit smoking pot when he got Hollywood.
6. He told an intense story about why he doesn't have any college friends. Teller got into a nasty car accident in college, leaving him with multiple scars on his face. To help pay for the mounting medical bills, his family sued the insurance company of the driver, who was Teller's friend. He recounted the fallout:
That led to a rift between Teller and his then pals.
7. He claims to not give a shit. Here's what he had to say about a TMZ video of him dancing at a music festival:
Read the entire story—it's worth it—over at Esquire.com.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Kris Jenner Originally Had No Faith in Kylie Jenner's Lip Kits
"My mom thought I was going to be stuck with lip kits in my garage for the rest of my life."
By Sophia Vilensky
There Are Endless Places You Can Donate To On Giving Tuesday Today—and the Newly Established Matthew Perry Foundation Is One of Them
Perry died one month ago today at just 54 years old.
By Rachel Burchfield
You Can Now Study "Taylor Swift and Her World" at Harvard University
Sign me up!
By Fleurine Tideman
Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine Play 'How Well Do You Know Your Co-Star?'
The 'Modern Family' stars reunited for the 'Pitch Perfect' spinoff series.
By Brooke Knappenberger
The 78 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes of All Time
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J. Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors