Hillary Clinton came *this* close to breaking the glass ceiling and becoming the United State's first female president, but Donald Trump has taken the title in a truly unprecedented win. It's a huge blow to liberals and conservatives alike who were hoping to see Hillary make history, but her concession speech was a reminder that now is not the time to abandon hope and acquiesce. It's a moment to rise up, use our collective voice, and remember that we are stronger together. On that note, here are the most inspirational and poignant quotes from Hillary's concession speech.
1. "This is not the outcome we wanted and we worked so hard for, and I'm sorry that we did not win this election for the values we share, and the vision we hold for our country. But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together."
2. "This is painful and it will be for a long time. But I want you to remember this. Our campaign was never about one person or even one election. It was about the country we love and building an America that is hopeful, inclusive and big-hearted."
3. "The American dream is big enough for everyone. For people of all races and religions, for men and women, for immigrants, for LGBT people, and people with disabilities. For everyone."
4. "I have spent my entire adult life fighting for what I believe in. I've had successes and I've had setbacks. Sometimes really painful ones. Many of you are at the beginning of your professional, public, and political careers. You will have successes and setbacks too. This loss hurts, but please never stop believing that fighting for what's right is worth it. It is. It is worth it."
5. "To all the women and especially the young women who put their faith in this campaign and in me, I want you to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion. I know we have still not shattered that highest and hardest glass ceiling, but someday someone will, and hopefully sooner than we might think right now."
6. "To all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable, and powerful, and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams."
7. "I believe we are stronger together and we will go forward together. And you should never ever forget fighting that."