While I wave my I Love Jeans flag high, I get that not every office is as denim-friendly as mine is. But as someone who's worked in stuffy places too, I can attest that denim *does* work—you just need to know how to do it right. Here, a primer.More
Fact: With a killer shoe, structured bag, and statement coat you can totally get away with wearing jeans. Just make sure to sport a dark wash (it's like going incognito) and keep the pieces in the same color family to keep it totally polished.
1. Fifteen Twenty Mohair Jacket, $429; fifteentwenty.com
2. H&M Silk Top, $50; hm.com
3. DSTLD High Waisted Jeans in Dusk Vintage, $65; dstldjeans.com
4. Micro Perry Satchel, $295; rebeccaminkoff.com
5. Ted & Muffy Oberon, $240; tedandmuffy.com
Jeans only acceptable on Fridays? (Or just an anti-pants gal?) Try a denim take on the always-appropriate pencil skirt. Pair with heels and a structured bag for a look that's still totally appropriate for meetings with the boss.
1. Oversized faux leather bag, $30; forever21.com
2. Frame Le Drope Yoke Popover Blouse, $258; shopbop.com
3. Nina Agenda, $148; ninashoes.com
4. Jenna High Waisted Skirt, $30; boohoo.com