1. Being perpetually late. And so the saying goes, don't ever ask a woman with a cat eye why she's late.
2. The Amy Winehouse effect. Goddess she was, only the late Amy Winehouse could pull off out-to-there feline flicks. More often than not, you're ending up with wings way larger than you intended because symmetry is just not something you get on your first twenty tries. It's just not.
3. #CommuterBeauty struggles. Being a slave to the stop-and-go motion of a moving vehicle. You're one slam of the breaks away from losing all that you worked so hard for.
4. The Q-Tip addiction. Let's face it, the 170 ct Q-Tip pack is MVP of the cat-eye games. Without them, all is lost.
5. The unicorn wings. TFW, by some miracle of god, you get both of your wings down in under two minutes. In the immortal words of Justin Bieber: So blessed. so moved. so grateful. cant believe this is my life. never going to take it for granted.
6. Upper lid smudging. When you blink and your fresh coat of cat leaves marks on your upper lid. Smdh.
7. The cat-eye killer that is allergy season. When you have the nerve to, dare I say it, rub your eye and it leaves a streak all the way across your outer eye. Of course it takes you like a hour to realize, too.
8. The rage of someone intruding on your drawing session. We've all been there: When you're about to nail your wing and you're suddenly startled by someone, your line goes haywire, and that someone is now dead to you.
9. Feeling naked without a cat eye. It's not just your signature, it's literally a game-changer for your morning face. Your daily eye lift.
10. The beauty of eyeliner cocktailing. From the brush to the pen to the pigment type, one single eyeliner is never going to give you everything you want. You've either got to compromise or cocktail. Editors' Note: FWIW, I love the utter ease of using Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner for precise, fluid lines, but like to bump up the vividness of the lines with L'Oreal's Lineur Intense Brush Tip Liquid Eyeliner.
11. Becoming a wing snob. Once you've *mastered* (using this term loosely, of course) the art of the wing, you smugly start judging other wings and imparting wisdom whenever possible.
12. The lip color debate. Being forever conflicted by whether or not adding a lip color is "too much." It may have been her signature, but Marilyn Monroe we are not.