1. Moment I felt I'd made it: I don't really know what "made it" feels like. I'm constantly improving and looking for other great opportunities.
2. Most agonizing career decision I've ever made: Going back to television and taking the part of Cookie. I was so afraid people would hate her.
3. Favorite perk of the job: Knowing that your performance could change someone's life.
4. Worst pitfall of the job: Fame.
5. Change I'd like to see in my industry: I want to see more women in charge not just behind the camera, but actually as studio heads making the real decisions. You go, Dana Walden [chairman/CEO of Fox Television Group]!
6. How I made my first dollar: Doing fabulous manicures for my friends.
7. Song I'd want played at my funeral: Anything by Prince.
8. What every woman should try once in her lifetime: She should ALWAYS dance like nobody's watching.
9. One thing I'm exceptionally good at: I am a really good cook.
10. One thing I'm epically bad at: Calculus.
11. Superhero power I'd want to have: I want to fly! No more TSA, no more security.
12. How I clear my mind after a crappy day: Pray.
13. Something nice I did for myself recenltly, because, hey, why not? Had champagne and caviar for breakfast.
14. If I could compete in an Olympic sport, I'd like it to be: Gymnastics.
15. The last time I felt beautiful was: When my son said he loved me.
16. The beauty essential you'd have to pry out of my cold, dead hands: Rice blotting papers.
17. The three qualities I thought I wanted in a partner: Tall, dark, and handsome.
18. The three qualities I know now matter: A sense of humor, kindness to everyone, and honesty.
19. Advice to a woman with a broken heart: Please love yourself.
20. Relationship advice to my younger self: You can't change him.
21. The craziest thing I did for love: Put a boyfriend's apartment in my name.
22. Best career advice I've gotten: Never give up!
23. Kind of work I'd do for free: The kind of work I already do! I would act for free but, please, do not tell the studios or networks.
24. What does your career look like in 5 years? I still want to be making art that moves audiences.
25. Last thing you binge-watched? House of Cards.
26. On my bucket list: I would love to visit every foreign country I have not already had the opportunity to visit.
27. My perfect day would begin: Waking up in the morning.
28. My perfect day would end: Sitting by the pool with a glass of red wine.
29. What my high school boyfriend would say about me: That I am super cool and he is really proud of me.
A version of this article appears in the November issue of Marie Claire, on newsstands November 18. Order Around the Way Girl now on Amazon.