In honor of what would have been Mr. Rogers' 80th birthday and the first-ever "Won't You Wear A Sweater?" Day, here are 17 things we learned from the beloved TV icon.
1. A comfy pair of flat shoes makes all the difference
2. Trolleys rock
3. How crayons are made
4. That sometimes people (and pets) die
5. Not all talking cats (Henrietta Pussycat), owls (Cousin Mary Owl), and striped tigers (Daniel) are bad
6. The Land of Make Believe is so where you want to buy a condo
7. Talking to your parents about something that is bothering you instead of hiding it will usually make you feel better
8. Smooth Jazz isn't so terrible
9. How to deal peacefully with angry feelings
10. Cardigan sweaters rule
11. Don't forget to feed your fish (see point 4)
12. Hospitals are nothing to be afraid of
13. How to share
14. Befriend your postman
15. That talking softly and slowly often gets your point across better than angry yelling ever will
16. Go Pittsburgh!
17. Mr. Rogers was a teacher, a minister and a puppeteer before he got his own show. He was 40 when he began filming Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, so if it took Mr. Rogers that freakin' long to figure things out, you're going to be just fine.
Enjoy Jimmy Kimmel's tribute to Mr. Rogers in Unnecessary Censorship here.
The Best Face Masks for Every Skin Type and Concern
Oily skin? Need a glow? Want hydration? We have you covered.
By Samantha Holender
Is the Humble Bar of Soap the Future of Beauty?
Bars, powders, and concentrates are the beauty world’s latest obsession. Here's why everyone's going "waterless."
By Deanna Pai
Laptop Backpacks That Provide Both Fashion and Function
Stylish, take-anywhere backpacks that fit your laptop (and everything else, too).
By Julia Marzovilla
The 80 Best Romantic Comedies of All Time
Where does your fave fall on the list?
By The Editors
The 15 Best Comedy Movies on Hulu
For when you just need a good laugh.
By Megan DiTrolio
90 Movies You Have to Watch at Least Once in Your Life
The essentials. (Netflix password not included.)
By Bianca Rodriguez
The 79 Best '90s Movies That Are Modern Classics
Truly the golden age of cinema.
By Kayleigh Roberts
The 50 Best Feel-Good Movies to Curl Up With
PJs, a glass of wine, and these films.
By Katherine J Igoe
The 51 Best Musical Movies to Get You Singing
All the dance numbers! All the show tunes!
By Amanda Mitchell
The 52 Best Comedy TV Shows Ever
The shows that will make you laugh until your face hurts.
By Kayleigh Roberts
The 40 Best Psychological Thrillers of All Time
Not stressed enough already? Then watch these movies.
By Zoe Guy