1. What happens in the bathroom when you're wearing a jumpsuit.
2. Wearing sunglasses when it's cloudy. And rainy. And snowy. And oh yeah, there was that time with the wintery mix.
3. You own shoes that are literally just for show. They hurt like hell, they're made of some weather-inappropriate fabric, but they look perfect and that's all you're willing to say on the subject.
4. The feeling of pure joy when your favorite shopping website updates with new arrivals. A schedule with which you are very familiar.
5. The extreme form of emotional turmoil that comes from having to clean out your closet. It takes days, not hours.
6. Giving away clothes is like giving away puppies. As in, you've already named each one and you treat them like your children.
7. You've stalked eBay for two years to repurchase your favorite pair of shoes that have since fallen apart. And when you found them you let out a scream reminiscent of your mother during childbirth.
8. Black Friday is your Super Bowl. Small Business Saturday is your Oscars, and Cyber Monday is your own personal Olympics.
9. You have mastered all the tricks to sneaking new shopping bags into the house. No more judgemental looks from your roommate or significant other re: damage you've done to your bank statement.
10. Massive distain for everything that has to be dry cleaned. This just means you don't get to wear it as much. Or wash it as much...
11. Your white dress only looks good with a spray tan, but your spray tan gets all over your white dress. These problems really exist.
12. Normcore. Comfortable sneakers, mom jeans… you've realized these terms are no longer insulting, but rather on trend.
Photo via Giphy
Stay In The Know
Marie Claire email subscribers get intel on fashion and beauty trends, hot-off-the-press celebrity news, and more. Sign up here.
Hallie has worked in beauty editorial for ten years and has been editorial director at Byrdie since 2021. Previously, she was a senior editor at Byrdie since 2016. During her time at Byrdie, she's written hundreds of high-performing stories on skincare, wellness (including fitness, diet, mental health, body image, et al) makeup, and hair. She's a regular on set, helping to source inspiration for makeup and hair looks, as well as interviewing celebrities, models, and other notable women and men in the beauty space.
Before that, Hallie ran Marie Claire's social media and wrote beauty and culture stories for the site, and helped launch Time Inc.'s digital-only beauty brand, MIMI. After college, she contributed to Time Out New York’s Shopping & Style section before landing her first beauty editor gig at Hearst's Real Beauty. Hallie's writing has also appeared in ELLE, Cosmopolitan, and InStyle. Hallie graduated with a BA in Communication Arts from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
If Naomi Campbell Chose the BAFTA Winners, Here’s What Films Would Get Top Prizes
“There’s so many great films,” the supermodel said on the red carpet.
By Rachel Burchfield
Fans Cheer As A$AP Rocky Gives a Long-Awaited Update on New Rihanna Music
The rapper talked about the status of his partner’s forthcoming ninth album while out and about in Paris this weekend.
By Rachel Burchfield
Dua Lipa Wore a Statement-Making Red Gown and Cape on the 2024 BAFTA Awards Red Carpet
The only thing more fiery than the “Dance the Night” singer’s hair was her ensemble.
By Danielle Campoamor
Colorful Cowboys and Celebs Galore: Pharrell William's Latest for Louis Vuitton Men's
A special shoutout goes to Williams' revamped Speedy bags.
By India Roby
This Under-the-Radar Jacket on Amazon Is My Newest Winter Obsession
And, no, it's not the "Amazon coat."
By Jaimie Potters
The Best Black T-Shirts to Buy In Bulk
Done right, the black tee is the most versatile item in your wardrobe.
By Taylor Ayers
30 Cozy and Covetable Blanket Scarves to Wrap Up In
It’s as cozy as can be.
By Sara Holzman
11 Graphic T-Shirts From Amazon You'd Actually Wear
Cheeky, not cheesy.
By Marina Liao
10 Oversized Denim Jackets You Can Live in Year-Round
Come for the timelessness, stay for the coziness.
By Gabrielle Ulubay
The 16 Best Flared Jeans for Women
Blue jeans, baby.
By Sara Holzman
The 23 Best Puffer Jackets for Women to Stay Warm In
The cold never bothered me anyway.
By Emma Childs