Even if you can't afford a trip to out of the state (we hear ya), you can
definitely probably afford the ingredients to make (one of) these drinks. Close your eyes and pretend you can hear the waves outside your door. *Gulp.*
This sangria packs a punch (pun fully intended) with guava, orange, blood orange, mango, passion fruit, and pineapple.
1 bottle of ONEHOPE Sauvignon Blanc (half of the profits go to Save Our Planet)
1/2 cup guava juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup pineapple (cut into 1″ wedges)
blood orange slices (optional)
passion fruit (seeds and juice from 1 passion fruit)
1. Combine all ingredients in one of your sangria bar carafes and seal tightly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
2. Fill glasses with crushed ice and garnish with fresh blood orange, pineapple and mango if desired. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This drink from Lazy Point bar in NYC is all about the strawberry flavor.
.75 oz Reyka vodka
.75 oz St. Germain elderflower liquor
.75 oz fresh lemon juice
.75 oz simple syrup
prosecco (to top)
1. Shake hard with ice and strain into coupe
2. Top with prosecco
3. Garnish with either a lemon zest or a whole strawberry
Frozen slushy goodness, because that's totally allowed on "vacation."
1.5 oz. Captain Morgan Pineapple Rum
.5 oz. lime juice
1 oz. cream of coconut
.5 oz. coconut water (we like Goya)
.5 oz. pineapple juice
Combine all ingredients including Captain Morgan® Pineapple Rum with ice in a blender and mix
Three ingredients, three steps, and—oh look at that!—you're on an island. (Kind of.)
1.5 oz. Captain Morgan Grapefruit Rum
Juice of ½ lime
Grapefruit soda to top
1. Fill tall glass with ice
2. Pour in Captain Morgan® Grapefruit Rum, lime juice and grapefruit soda
3. Garnish with grapefruit wedge
Live every week like it's Shark Week.
9 oz. Captain Morgan Coconut Rum
9 oz. orange juice
3 oz. ruby red grapefruit juice
6 oz. cranberry juice
1. Combine all ingredients including Captain Morgan® Coconut Rum in a pitcher and stir. Done!
This drink—by NYC's Irvington restaurant—are for those who don't like, you know, clear alcohols, but still want to feel like they're lounging in a hammock by the waves.
1 oz. Jameson Black Barrel whiskey
1 oz. Appleton V/X rum
1 oz. fresh lime juice
.75 oz. simple syrup
2 dash Bittermens Elemakule Tiki bitters
2 cubes of ice
1. Shake in a cocktail shaker and double strain (strain twice)
2. Pour over crushed ice in a tall (highball) glass, top with club soda and grated nutmeg
Sweet (raspberry peach) with a kick (tequila) to take you away to sunshine and happiness and no e-mail.
0.75 oz. Grand Marnier Raspberry Peach
1.5 oz. tequila
0.5 oz. fresh lime juice
0.5 oz. simple syrup
1. In a shaker, add Grand Marnier Raspberry Peach, tequila, lime juice and simple syrup
2. Fill with ice, shake well and strain into a margarita glass or over fresh ice in a rocks glass
3. Garnish with a peach slice or lime wheel and a raspberry