So honestly, there is no fool proof method to finding the right goggle.
The "Golden Goggle" if you will.
There are a ton of different manufacturers. A ton of different styles. Different types of materials used.
Ones you build. One's that don't adjust. Stiff nose pieces. Soft nose pieces. Two straps. One strap.
Before we go any further.
Please, please, please do not buy the "mask" type of goggle. One, it's a mask and not a goggle. Two, there are no pearls or oysters in a pool. No fish or cool coral to look at. So don't swim laps with a mask.
1. Goggles should fit snug against the sockets of your eyes. Not sucking them so tight that you get a headache and raccoon eyes. Just snug.
2. Look at your eyes. Are they bigger? Smaller? What about the bridge of your nose? Wide? Narrow? Obviously al things to take into account when looking for goggles.
3. Straps. One or two? Single or double strap? I vote double but that's just me. Maybe you have a ton of hair in your cap and hence a huge bun under your cap that cannot fit with two straps?
See it's all individualized.
4. Clear, red, blue, green, mirrored? I only use mirrored which are a darker smoke color when you look thru them. I find bright light distracting when I swim. But you may prefer to see every little think you swim thru.
5. Spong-y black eye piece material, plastic or rubber? You just have to figure this out for yourself.
6. The biggest piece of info to take away from finding the perfect goggle. PRICE MEANS NOTHING!
My goggles cost $2.79 (opens in new tab)a piece and I've had them since U.S. Swimming Olympic Trials in 2000!
So how do you find a pair that fit?
Try and try again. With the millions of goggles out there (opens in new tab)...ONE is bound to fit your perfect face.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3161/2578179651_a384e1cf3d.jpg?v=0 (opens in new tab)
Black Friday Beauty Deals Live: Sephora, Charlotte Tilbury, Dyson, and More
We hunted down the best beauty deals of Black Friday weekend so you don't have to.
By Jenny Hollander
The Best Holiday Sweaters Offer Plenty of Festive Flair
Far from the "ugly" Christmas sweaters you're used to.
By Emma Childs
Blackhead Removers for Clearer, Cleaner Skin
By Samantha Holender
Senator Klobuchar: "Early Detection Saves Lives. It Saved Mine"
Senator and breast cancer survivor Amy Klobuchar is encouraging women not to put off preventative care any longer.
By Senator Amy Klobuchar
How Being a Plus-Size Nude Model Made Me Finally Love My Body
I'm plus size, but after I decided to pose nude for photos, I suddenly felt more body positive.
By Kelly Burch
I'm an Egg Donor. Why Was It So Difficult for Me to Tell People That?
Much like abortion, surrogacy, and IVF, becoming an egg donor was a reproductive choice that felt unfit for society’s standards of womanhood.
By Lauryn Chamberlain
The 20 Best Probiotics to Keep Your Gut in Check
Gut health = wealth.
By Julia Marzovilla
Simone Biles Is Out of the Team Final at the Tokyo Olympics
She withdrew from the event due to a medical issue, according to USA Gymnastics.
By Rachel Epstein
The Truth About Thigh Gaps
We're going to need you to stop right there.
By Kenny Thapoung
3 Women On What It’s Like Living With An “Invisible” Condition
Despite having no outward signs, they can be brutal on the body and the mind. Here’s how each woman deals with having illnesses others often don’t understand.
By Emily Shiffer
The High Price of Living With Chronic Pain
Three women open up about how their conditions impact their bodies—and their wallets.
By Alice Oglethorpe