RealBeauty.com has the lowdown on everything you ever wanted to know (and some things you didn't!) on dealing with that time of the month. The facts that surprised us:
1. The more stressed you are, the worse your symptoms. Try calming down with yoga a few times and week and going to your happy place when you're feeling on edge (our happy place is cuteoverload.com!)
2. Caffeine will make you more moody. Your morning pick-me-up might be making you crash and burn hours after that first cup, so switch to decaf while you're PSMing.
3. It can leave you tongue-tied. Progesterone interferes with your verbal ability, so if you're losing your train of thought at meetings, your period may be to blame.
4. It can be contagious. Is your guy acting moody around the time your period hits? There's some evidence monthly testosterone fluctuations can produce PMS-like symptoms in men.
5. Sunlight can ease your symptoms. Just 20 minutes outside in natural light can stimulate serotonin and give you a mood boost.
For more surprising facts, debunked myths, and tips for dealing with your PMS, go to RealBeauty.com.