1. Would always: Look after my family.Would never: Put one of my dogs on the streets.
2. Picky about: Makeup. Not so picky about: Food.
3. I feel for: Everybody. No sympathy: Whiners.
4. Glad it's ahead of me: Seeing my daughter [Valentina] grow up. Glad it's behind me: Looking for the right man.
5. Early for: Graduating from high school (at age 15). Late for: Exercising.
6. Would pay good money for: Education for my daughter. Wouldn't take even if free: Pet snake.
7. Fear conquered: The dark. Not quite there yet: Stage fright.
8. Farthest vacation: Seychelles. Nearest: Country house outside of Paris (I live in London and Paris.)
9. Would try once: Going to space. No, thanks: Bungee jumping.
10. Career highlight: Academy Award Best Actress nomination for Frida. Low point: No work after Frida nomination.
11. Lie about: My weight. Honest about: My age.
12. Too much in my life: Responsibilities. Not enough: Free time.
13. Subject I won't shut up about lately: My movie Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet. Subject I avoid: Politics.
14. Will always remember: The first time Valentina said "Mummy." Would rather forget: 1985 earthquake in Mexico City.
15. Better than I expected: Marriage. Worse than I expected: Vision problems after age 40.
16. Perfect day begins with: A kiss from my husband. And ends with: A good TV show.
This article appears in the August issue of Marie Claire, on newsstands now.