Best Late '90s Dance Songs Playlist
Dress, $3585, Dior by John Galliano.
Photo Credit: Philip Gay
I was working on an aerobic dance playlist and stumbled across an old Grind Workout: Dance Club Aerobics VHS tape. If you remember The Grind from MTV, it's probably for the fact that it was hosted by (a usually shirtless) Eric, from the first season of The Real World. Though it focused on hip-hop, the show was a reliable outlet for crossover dance music. So, this playlist picks up with some turn-of-the-century dance cuts you might have heard on The Grind if it had stayed on the air a few more years.
1. Wildchild - Renegade Master (Fatboy Slim Old Skool Mix) - 125 BPM
2. Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun - 135 BPM
3. Faithless - Insomnia - 128 BPM
4. Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta Get Thru This - 135 BPM
5. Hardknox - Psychopath 136 BPM
6. Eiffel 65 - Blue (Radio Edit) - 128 BPM
7. Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone - 137 BPM
8. Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400 - 140 BPM
9. 4 Strings - Take Me Away (Vocal Radio Edit) - 138 BPM
10. Underworld - Born Slippy (Nuxx) - 140 BPM
MC's resident DJ Chris Lawhorn weeds through each week's releases to find the best, new music for a workout. The highlights are presented here, organized by their beats per minute.
More songs and resources for matching them to the pace of your routine can be found on RunHundred.com.