Tasteful Alternatives to the Bawdy Bachelorette Party
A Vodka Gimlet, Hold the Penis Straw Please
By Thea Palad
If phallic drinking straws and glow in the dark condom necklaces are a little too Rock of Love for your likingsay, perhaps you value your dignitytry these tasteful alternatives to the bawdy bachelorette party. The bride, her Facebook friends, and future offspring will thank you for it.
1. Cooking class: Because sometimes domesticity is sexyever see Nigella make tikka masala?
2. Spa weekend: Nothing paves the way for a great wedding like a thorough colon cleanse.
3. Surf camp: And if you run into Orlando Bloom floating around on his board, youre welcome.
4. Wine tasting: Tanked bridesmaids on the day of the wedding? Trashy. Tanked bridesmaids with wine-stained lips the weekend before? Classy.
5. First row tickets to a concert: Youre a grown up, its okay to pay the big bucks for a great seats now. Plus, the brides up-close-and-personal Bono fantasy comes true.
6. Camping: Warning: Avoid setting up camp in the same vicinity of the bachelor party tent, or be prepared to share your beer.
7. Sky Diving: Why not a literal plunge to celebrate the metaphoric one?
8. Charity Run/Walk: Yes, you could be considered for sainthood. Get your speech ready.