There are plenty of jobs that last all year 'round (bummer). But for every banker, sales person, and editor, there is someone who's job doesn't quite translate to cooler temperatures. Here are our favorites:
1. A flasher and/or streaker: I think this is pretty self-explanatory.
2. Abercrombie & Fitch Door Greeter: Read: no shirt. Sorry, the 13-year-old girls can wait for an awkward picture until spring.
3. Pool Boy: Because no one wants to hear your nervous quip that you're a "grower and not a show-er."
4. "Gentleman's Club" Promoter: As in, wrap those girls in fur blankets and send them home!
5. Tan Mom: No sun? No way.
6. Ice Cream Truck Servers: We don't care if we hear that lovely music from down the block. NOT. LEAVING. THE. HOUSE.
7. AC Repair Man: If your roommate turns on the air because "she's warm-blooded" one more time, she's dead.
8. The Activities Director at the Nudist Colony: I don't think anyone wants to play nude dodgeball in this weather, guy.
9. The annoying people who ask you if you have 5 minutes to save the world: No. I don't.
I’m a Shopping Editor—My All-Time Favorite Going Out Top Is On Sale at J.Crew
*So* many great things are 40% off right now
By Julia Marzovilla
Beauty Around The Clock: Becky G
The Latin music sensation and beauty guru talks positivity, finding balance, and why mental health is so important for women of color.
By Gabrielle Ulubay
How My Journey of Self-Discovery Unlocked Advocacy for Black Women
My relationship with wellness is my own. And given America’s history of medical racism against bodies like mine, it is ever more precious.
By Beatrice Dixon
Peloton’s Selena Samuela on Turning Tragedy Into Strength
Before becoming a powerhouse cycling instructor, Selena Samuela was an immigrant trying to adjust to new environments and new versions of herself.
By Emily Tisch Sussman
This Mutual Fund Firm Is Helping to Create a More Sustainable Future
Amy Domini and her firm, Domini Impact Investments LLC, are inspiring a greater and greener world—one investor at a time.
Power Players Build on Success
"The New Normal" left some brands stronger than ever. We asked then what lies ahead.
By Maria Ricapito
Don't Stress! You Can Get in Good Shape Money-wise
Yes, maybe you eat paleo and have mastered crow pose, but do you practice financial wellness?
By Sallie Krawcheck
The Book Club Revolution
Lots of women are voracious readers. Other women are capitalizing on that.
By Lily Herman
The Future of Women and Work
The pandemic has completely upended how we do our jobs. This is Marie Claire's guide to navigating your career in a COVID-19 world.
By Megan DiTrolio
Black-Owned Coworking Spaces Are Providing a Safe Haven for POC
For people of color, many of whom prefer to WFH, inclusive coworking spaces don't just offer a place to work—they cultivate community.
By Megan DiTrolio
Where Did All My Work Friends Go?
The pandemic has forced our work friendships to evolve. Will they ever be the same?
By Rachel Epstein