The VMAs just released the contents of their swag bags, and its a veritable cornucopia of weirdness and goals. Sure, you have your classics like Bose Headphones and Crush by Rihanna, but there's also some truly strange items. Crane & Co stationary, for example. An entire suit, for another example.
Here's the entire contents of the VMA swag bag, presented without comment by two faceless mannequins.
- Crane & Co. Stationary, in case you get bored during Kanye West's four-minute rant (opens in new tab).
- Scuff Gaming Controllers.
- A vaguely random book about the NYC Luxury hotel, Langham Place. [Update: turns out this is a certificate for a one-night stay.]
- A full suit by Indochino in the event that you rip yours and have a fashion emergency.
- Crush by Rihanna, so you can smell like RiRi while hanging out with RiRi (not at all awkward).
- Fenty for Stance socks, because Rihanna is allllll over this VMA swag bag.
- A book about celebrity hot spot Nobu Hotel. [Update: guests will be getting a two-night stay here, as well.]
- A Dooney & Bourke bag, because in case you hadn't noticed, the year is 2004.
- What appears to be an MTV sleeping mask, for nap taking purposes.
- A cashmere scarf and a beanie, because #WinterIsComing.
- Bose headphones, in case the VMAs gets too intense and you need to retreat into your own mental safe space.
- A random watercolor because #art. [Update: this is secretly a certificate for a two-night stay at Rosalie Bay on the island of Dominica. So basically, this gift bag is vacation goals.]
- MCM sunglasses, in case the beanie, scarf, headphones, and eye mask aren't doing enough to protect your anonymity during this show.
- Marc Jacobs t-shirts, because again—the year is 2004.
- Marc Jacobs mascara, for mid Kanye Rant touch-ups.
- A tote bag, because it just wouldn't be a swag bag without one.
Follow Marie Claire on F (opens in new tab)acebook (opens in new tab) for the latest celeb news, beauty tips, fascinating reads, livestream video, and more.
Mehera Bonner is a celebrity and entertainment news writer who enjoys Bravo and Antiques Roadshow with equal enthusiasm. She was previously entertainment editor at Marie Claire and has covered pop culture for over a decade.
The Agenda: Los Angeles
How to prepare for a visit to the City of Angels.
By Brooke Knappenberger
Our Editor's Favorite Curl-Defining Leave-In Conditioner Doubles As a Moisturizer for Skin
Stay hydrated, stay happy.
By Gabrielle Ulubay
Lucy Liu Opened Up About Her Decision to Have a Child Via Surrogate in Her Late 40s: "I Didn't Have a Plan"
It felt like the right time for her.
By Iris Goldsztajn
Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine Play 'How Well Do You Know Your Co-Star?'
The 'Modern Family' stars reunited for the 'Pitch Perfect' spinoff series.
By Brooke Knappenberger
The 78 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes of All Time
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors