1. If I weren't an actress, I'd be: Creating forest schools for children. The outdoors is such a crucial and special part of childhood, and I fear it is becoming harder and harder for children to access it.
2. Favorite perk of the job: Comfortable air travel.
3. Worst pitfall of the job: Family logistics.
4. Change I'd like to see in my industry: It would be incredible if acting lessons and performing-arts schools and colleges could be more readily available to people who are financially struggling. Acting is and should be for all.
5. How I made my first dollar: Selling sandwiches at a music festival.
6. Who I admire most and why: Single mothers everywhere. It's obvious why.
7. Book that left a lasting impression on me: Lee Miller's War, edited by Antony Penrose.
8. Song that always makes me cry: "Somewhere" from West Side Story.
9. Movie with the greatest ending: It's a Wonderful Life.
10. Song I want played at my funeral: "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. And don't anyone forget that!
11. First album I bought: Aerosmith's Greatest Hits. (I'm quite impressed with that!)
12. If I could live in a foreign country, it would be: New Zealand.
13. What every woman should try once in her lifetime: Champagne.
14. My perfect day would begin: All my children climbing into bed with me, followed by a long, lazy breakfast with great coffee. Followed by a long country walk. Followed by some ocean swimming.
15. My perfect day would end: With a lovely hot bath and a movie. And dinner that someone else has cooked for me! Because I am always cooking, it would be a nice change.
16. One thing I'm exceptionally good at: Forward-thinking and remembering dates.
17. One thing I'm epically bad at: Being on time.
18. If I could compete in an Olympics sport, I'd like it to be: Diving.
19. The beauty essential you'd have to pry out of my cold, dead hands: By Terry's Baume de Rose. I'm obsessed.
20. The three qualities that I thought I wanted in a partner: Sense of humor, spontaneity, kindness.
21. The three qualities I know now matter: All of the above.
22. Craziest thing I did for love: I jumped out of a helicopter into the sea, where my husband [Ned Rocknroll] was waiting. We'd been apart for two weeks, and I couldn't wait to get to him.
23. The three qualities that got me where I am today: The truth is, I have no idea. I hope one of them is determination though.
24. Moment I felt I'd made it: I'm sure that I'm never going to feel that way. I don't ever want to stop striving to do better, so how an I feel like I've made it?
25. How I clear my mind after a crappy day: To be honest, I'm not very good at clearing my mind. I just go to bed instead.
26. My first kiss: A boy named Robin Savage. I think I was 14.
27. Advice to a woman with a broken heart: You are beautiful; it's their loss. And Mr. Right is just around the corner.
28. Moment I knew I was in love: When I first saw [now-husband] Ned [Rocknroll].
29. Last thing I binge-watched: House.
A version of this article appears in the January issue of Marie Claire, on newsstands now.
The Perfumer Behind Last Year's Most Talked-About Fragrance Just Released Another Perfect Scent
Aqua Media Cologne forte embodies a feeling of balance and harmony.
By Deena Campbell
'Yellowface' Is Our June Book Club Pick
Read an excerpt from R.F. Kuang's latest novel, here, then dive in with us throughout the month.
By Brooke Knappenberger
I Scoured the Summer Runways—Here Are the Six Shoe Trends Actually Worth Buying
Hit the ground running this season.
By Emma Childs
Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine Play 'How Well Do You Know Your Co-Star?'
The 'Modern Family' stars reunited for the 'Pitch Perfect' spinoff series.
By Brooke Knappenberger
The 78 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes of All Time
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J. Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors