This week has been a big one for us. The Ray and The Ro underwent a huge makeover last Sunday, and we've realized the importance of bringing something new to the table and wardrobe! Here are our freshest fashion tips to live by right now.
1. Add punch with peplum: Nothing's hotter this season, and it's a good thing, too. Peplum flatters most figures by adding shape to any silhouette, and hides small lumps and bumps. This Marc Jacobs top would infuse a pencil skirt or seasonal, cropped pants with the perfect fashion-forward detail.
2. See and be seen in mint green: This nail polish is topping every beauty editor's spring must-have list. A simple and affordable update to your wardrobe, mint feels young and fresh, and goes sweetly with pastels and neons alike. Do as the fashion bloggers do, and alternate one or two shades on each finger for twice the fun.
3. Say yes to neon: Black and brown handbags will always be in style, but we're storing ours, and bringing out these hot numbers. We both fell in love with this Rebecca Minkoff purse that would go smashingly with a python shirt. Speaking of python...
4. Python is the new leopard: We've spotted this skin on the savviest style bloggers, and we're totally obsessed. When we got a glimpse of this Equipment blouse, we knew we'd be trading in our leopard print for python print ASAP. Check your local Zara for options as we've noticed some great python pieces — for less — there too.
5. Go for the bold, lipstick not gloss: Make your kisser the focal point by pairing minimal, fresh-faced makeup with super-bright lipstick. A bold lip will enhance any look and outfit in just seconds, so start hunting for your signature shade.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Striped Peplum Top, $318 2. Essie Mint Candy Apple Polish, $7 3. Rebecca Minkoff Neon Mini M.A.C, $195 4. Equipment Slim Signature Blouse, $258 5. MAC Lipstick in Impassioned, $14.50
Best friends and blogging partners Roberta Oglakchya and Rachel Hurn-Maloney founded The Ray and the Ro to show off stylish looks, share their wishlists, and break down runway fashion.