Whimsy Threads: 7 Fringe Pieces You'll Want to Sway In
Dress up your look day or night.
By Lauren Valenti
We've always been ones for a fringe moment, and the runways namely Michael Kors (pictured), Chanel, and Lanvin have given us plenty of inspiration for fall. While the trimming inherently evokes imagery of Gatsby era or the Old West, it's still a modern way to add garnish and movement to a look. And because it's an embellishment of the non-sparkly persuasion, you can dress it up or down as you please.
For day, you can take a more subtle approach by throwing on a fringed kimono or belt. In the evening, paint the town red in a thready, free-flowing cocktail number. Shop 7 of our favorite picks, below:
1. Just Cavalli Fringed Dress, $1,025; stylebop.com.
2. Topshop Lace Fringe Kimono, $60; topshop.com.
3. Zara Printed Jacket With Fringes, $79.90; zara.com.
4. H&M Tank Top with Fringe, $14.95; hm.com.
5. BCBG Fringe Contour Waist Belt, $98; bcbg.com.
6. Haute Hippie Trapped Rayon Fringe Skirt with Leather; $545; revolve.com.
7. Tim Ryan Multi Pink Chevron Fringe Top, $860; avenue32.com.