A first date is nerve-wracking enough without having to worry about what to wear. So, we've saved you the anxiety by doing a little planning of our own! Keep your outfit casual, but accentuate your best features; the adage about first impressions is true. And, even if your date turns out to be a dud, you'll still come out looking like a babe!
Ray's Date-Night Style Tips
1. Pick a fun and flirty blouse that shows your sweet side. This romantic Joie top is the perfect addition to slim-fitting flared jeans, and paired with a blazer or jacket, it would work well for a movie night or casual dinner.
2. Opt for wedges, which will elongate your legs and say, "I'm stylish, but I'm not trying too hard."
3. Finish with a texturizing hair spray like this one by Oribe Beach and a seductive, red, vixen lipstick. Just be sure to avoid a sticky lip gloss a guy once told me that meant "I didn't want to be kissed!"
1. Levi's Vintage Flare Jean, $168 2. Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shien Spray, $35 3. YSL Rouge Pur Couture, $32 4. Joie Wilton Blouse, $270 5. Sam Edelman Natural Cork Wedge, $222 6. Jennifer Meyer Gold Sweetheart Necklace, $600 7. Reiss Romeo Quilted Chain Shoulder Bag, $360
Ro's Date-Night Style Tips:
1. Never go fancy on the first date. If you opt for a dress, a platform bootie will keep you from looking like you're trying too hard. If it's chilly, add a leather jacket to up the chic-factor.
2. Leave the baggage at home. Save boho bags and thick wallets for other occasions. Stick with a cross body bag or clutch; either will hold the essentials: a phone, some mints, and cab money (in case the date doesn't pan out).
3. Leave a scent. Find a perfume that will make a good first impression, something subtle and feminine like Miss Dior Eau de Parfum.
1. Pack of 9 Altoids Smalls Cinnamon Mints, $16 2. Cut 25 Leather Moto Jacket, $995 3. Topshop Spring Daffodil Shirtdress, $72 4. Miss Dior Eau de Parfum Spray, $62 5. Jeffrey Campbell Lita Suede Bootie, $160 6. YSL Bronze Tone Clutch, $595
Best friends and blogging partners Roberta Oglakchya and Rachel Hurn-Maloney founded The Ray and the Ro to show off stylish looks, share their wishlists, and break down runway fashion.