10 Work-Wear Essentials
Q: Can you give me a list of 10 basic pieces a woman should have in her wardrobe as she makes the transition from college student to office worker?
The transition from school to work sounds tricky, but it's actually quite easy. The 10 following basics will make you look like a sophisticated working woman:
You can't go wrong with a white shirt and a straight skirt.
1. A simple flat-front black pant
2. A straight skirt hemmed just below the knee is flattering
3. A dress, fitted and sleeveless, that can be worn with a cardigan
4. A fine-knit sweater; try a bright color that suits you
5. A cardigan: Black is always chic and easy to wear
6. A shell, perhaps in a neutral color
7. A crisp white shirt always looks smart
8. A coat: Stay classic with this item and go with black or gray
9. A classic shoe: A black pump with an elegant heel will go with all of the above
10. A black bag: With black shoes, it's best to go with a black bag; look for a simple style that's not too oversized.