1. You can sleep in as long as you want and still eat breakfast foods. No matter how late you hit the sheets last night, rest easy! You haven't wasted your day because brunch will still be there when you wake up.
2. You can go to fancy restaurants that you'd never otherwise be able to afford. Brunch specials are basically the eighth wonder of the world. It's cheaper than dinner so feel free to have your side order of bacon and eat it too.
3. Brunch is like a therapy session. Expect a rehash of the events from the night before, support from your friends on that questionable hook up, and scintillating conversation.
4. It's the perfect excuse to day drink. Brunch is the only meal where it's socially acceptable to drink in the morning. Something about the hair of the dog? Bottoms up!
5. Brunch doesn't care what you look like. If the mood strikes, you can hit up a swanky spot in your Sunday best, but it's just as common to shlub it up over eggs.
6. You don't have to decide between sweet and savory. Want eggs? Get a pancake on the side! Have your heart set on waffles? Add some bacon, baby!
Read more: Hungover Brunch Recipes
7. The lunch crowd can take part too. There's always one outlier in your friend group who wants a cheeseburger. Thanks to brunch, you can all dine together in harmony.
8. Fancy coffee. Take a break from gross office brew and order a gorgeous, piping cappuccino with tons of foam or a latte with steamed milk that dreams are made of. Or both! The world is yours!
9. There's always artful food combos. Think breakfast pizza and you'll be slap happy for the rest of the day.
10. Brunch makes you feel like you've accomplished something with your day. You left the couch on a Sunday, that's progress.
11. You don't have to clean up after yourself. HIGH FIVE.
Photo Credit: Giphy
Stay In The Know
Marie Claire email subscribers get intel on fashion and beauty trends, hot-off-the-press celebrity news, and more. Sign up here.
Hallie has worked in beauty editorial for ten years and has been editorial director at Byrdie since 2021. Previously, she was a senior editor at Byrdie since 2016. During her time at Byrdie, she's written hundreds of high-performing stories on skincare, wellness (including fitness, diet, mental health, body image, et al) makeup, and hair. She's a regular on set, helping to source inspiration for makeup and hair looks, as well as interviewing celebrities, models, and other notable women and men in the beauty space.
Before that, Hallie ran Marie Claire's social media and wrote beauty and culture stories for the site, and helped launch Time Inc.'s digital-only beauty brand, MIMI. After college, she contributed to Time Out New York’s Shopping & Style section before landing her first beauty editor gig at Hearst's Real Beauty. Hallie's writing has also appeared in ELLE, Cosmopolitan, and InStyle. Hallie graduated with a BA in Communication Arts from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Royal Family Member Thomas Kingston’s Cause of Death Determined
Kingston had lunch with his parents at their home in the Cotswolds just moments before his death on their property.
By Rachel Burchfield
Ariana Grande Says Rumors About Her Relationship With Ethan Slater Were "Hellish"
"I feel like we don’t need to go into any specifics, but, of course, there’s like an insatiable frustration..."
By Danielle Campoamor
Kate Winslet Gets Mistaken for This Fellow Actress “A Lot”—But Calls the Mix-Up “A Huge Compliment”
In turn, this actress gets mistaken for Winslet frequently, too.
By Rachel Burchfield
Meet the Woman Blending the Traditional and the Modern in French Winemaking
How Florence Haynes combined the traditional and the contemporary for Gratien & Meyer Crémant de Loire.
The 10 Best Nonstick Cookware Sets
The nonstick pans, pots, and skillets that make cooking easy.
By Nicole Papantoniou, Good Housekeeping Institute
9 Starbucks Drinks You Can Recreate at Home
Get ready to sit back and enjoy.
By Bianca Rodriguez
The Royal Family Shared the Recipe for the Queen's Favorite Boozy Christmas Pudding
The Royal Family Twitter account shared the royal chef's recipe for the Queen's favorite boozy Christmas pudding.
By Kayleigh Roberts
5 Best Soda Streams for Convenient Carbonation
Upgrade your sparkling water game with a Soda Stream carbonator that'll fizz up drinks in a flash.
By Zarah A. Kavarana
3 Pro Tips for Putting Together the Best Bouquets
Essential advice for everyday enthusiasts and budding florists alike.
By Marie Claire
39 Super Easy Fourth of July Cocktails to Try
Forget the fireworks. The real show is what you can make with your bar cart.
By Bianca Rodriguez
15 Percent Pledge Calls On Stores to Dedicate Shelf Space to Black-Owned Businesses
"We must do better. So, we’re starting now."
By Kristin Salaky