If achieving Beyoncé levels of #wokeuplikethis gorgeousness is on your resolution list for 2015, then perfect skin is undoubtedly a top priority. Lucky for you, we spoke with celebrity facialist Joanna Vargas, who tends to stars like Michelle Williams, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Rachel Weisz, for some tips on how to get your best skin ever.
- Drink liquid chlorophyll. "If I have a client who doesn't eat salad or drink green juices, I'll tell them to go to WholeFoods and buy liquid chlorophyll. It tastes like mint, oxygenates the skin, keeps skin clean, and works from the inside out so you see a huge difference quickly."
- Skip the coffee. "My number-one tip is absolutely my favorite skin fix: drink a green juice every day. It will be a great replacement to your afternoon coffee and it will literally transform your skin in a matter of days. It helps oxygenate the skin and stimulates lymphatic drainage, so it's de-puffing too!"
- Do all the steps. "Exfoliation is my secret weapon to having great skin. It's the most often-skipped step in people's home routine, but it really makes a huge difference in the way your skin looks and feels. Think of exfoliation as creating a perfect canvas for your products and makeup. You could be investing in the most expensive, amazing skin care products, but if you don't exfoliate, those ingredients won't ever penetrate to make any difference at all."
- Order the guac. "Eat more avocado. It's the best way to achieve perfectly hydrated skin from the inside out. Add it to your salad or even throw half of an avocado into your morning smoothie. Avocado supplies the skin with healthy fats and phytonutrients to hydrate from the inside out and bring back your glow."
- Go green. "Make the switch to natural products. It's always confusing when you walk into a store and have so many choices in terms of which direction to go with what you buy, so I recommend finally taking the leap into natural beauty products. They have amazing results-oriented ingredients that penetrate more readily into the skin and show a real result fast. I love a serum that delivers an instant glow to a client, and natural serums like my Rejuvenating Serum will give you that right away."
- Start dry brushing. "A dry brush is a great drugstore beauty buy. It costs about $10 and you can get it anywhere. Dry brushing is my favorite method of body exfoliation because it's multi-tasking—it's incredible as a cellulite treatment and increases elasticity. Start at the tops of the feet and brush upwards towards the heart. Spend extra time on areas that tend to be more stagnant, like the inner thigh,and don't forget to include the backs of the arms and the back. Dry brushing immediately increases circulation, so you will feel warmer when you are done. Try it before you get into the shower in the morning and you will see a difference in your skin quality and cellulite in days."
You should also check out: