With all the '90s nostalgia going around lately, it's no wonder Christina Aguilera attracted so much attention when she took the stage at the 2024 Grammy Awards to present the award for Best Música Urbana Album (which the adorable Karol G took home). Aguilera wore flowing, slicked-back platinum blonde hair with on-trend peachy makeup and a dramatic, rosy contour.
“It’s a beautiful beauty look—clean and simple, agrees her hairstylist, Kendall Dorsey. "I love to use runway shows for my inspiration, and the look tonight was inspired from an archived Mugler show. I showed a few options with Christina and we aligned on this super sleek look.”
The flowing, mermaid-like hair 'do that Aguilera sported matched perfectly with her long, blue dress, which was coordinated perfectly with her pale blue manicure.
“This look was really about beauty and simplicity," Dorsey explains. "She wanted to keep everything simple, clean, and beautiful tonight.”
Below, Dorsey explains exactly what he did to achieve the look—including the (surprisingly affordable) products he used to get it.
Get Christina Aguilera's Look
- Step One: "We started with a wig from My Parfait, which was originally a yellow blonde, and colored the wig with Got2B’s Blonde collection to get that ash tone to match Christina’s original color."
- Step Two: "Before blow drying the hair with a round brush, we kept the length but cut about six inches off."
- Step Three: "Applied the wig, laying it down with Ghost Bond adhesive.
- Step Four: Then we applied the TRESemmé’s new Keratin Smooth Weightless Collection Silky Smooth Spray to get a silky, hydrating and weightless feel."
- Step Five: "Straightened the hair with a flat iron and finalized the look by spraying each section of the hair with TRESemmé Extra Hold Hairspray to get all the flyways down and that poker face finish."
- Step Six: "Finally, we saturated the hair line with hairspray, and finished with a diffuser before going on the carpet."
Shop Christina Aguilera's Look
Stay In The Know
Marie Claire email subscribers get intel on fashion and beauty trends, hot-off-the-press celebrity news, and more. Sign up here.
Gabrielle Ulubay is a Beauty Writer at Marie Claire. She has also written about sexual wellness, fashion, culture, and politics both at Marie Claire and for publications like The New York Times, Bustle, and HuffPost Personal. She has worked extensively in the e-commerce and sales spaces since 2020, including two years at Drizly, where she developed an expertise in finding the best, highest quality goods and experiences money can buy. As a film school graduate, she loves all things media and can be found making art when she's not busy writing.
The 13 Best Dresses
Invest in them now and wear them forever.
By Lauren Tappan
Prince William and Prince George Both Wanted This “Dream Job”—and No, It’s Not Becoming King
Both father and son shared this career aspiration, but, alas, it’ll never happen for either of them.
By Rachel Burchfield
If Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Were to Ever Return as Working Royals, They’d Have to Get Prince William’s Blessing First, Former Royal Butler Says
King Charles seems to be on board with a Sussex return, but William? That’ll be a harder sell.
By Rachel Burchfield