1. The first peek of yourself after you take the plunge. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.
2. The"Am I Carey Mulligan, yet?" hair goals. After some DIY sessions, you're convinced that people who say they trim their own pixies are either liars or genies.
3. The halo of fly-aways. Getting the duck fluff flyways in control post-shower may require any combo of gel, putty,paste, hairspray, swearing, and magic. Oh well.
4. But the two minute shampoo time is a *breeze*. Makes up for all the high-maintenance trims, no?
5. Your ride-or-die hair stylist is the most trusted person in your life. She doesn't judge the fact that you tried to cut your hair yourself, she offers you fancy styling pastes, and knows how to shape your sideburns perfectly. As that one song from high school says, "I'll go wherever you will go."
6. The perpetual mullet as you grow it out. Look, we can't help that the cute little flick at the back of our neck is now growing far more rapidly than the rest of our hair. Can we live??
7. Becoming a bobby pin ninja. Adopting creative ways to pin up your growing sideburns is the truest form of expression.
8. Hair bands and silk head scarves are your best friends. You're basically French at this point, right?
9. The waiting. The transformation from pixie, to shaggy bob, to Javier Bardem beetle bob is a long and agonizing process. But by the end of it, you're in lob heaven and everything is up and up from there.
10. But the best part of all, entry into an exclusive group that include the chicest women of Hollywood. *spreads arms wide* "Welcome, mahalo."