1. Would always: Spray perfume on the nape of my neck, wrists, and hair, then do a final walk-through before I exit the door. Would never: Put on two fragrances at the same time. One boyfriend told me I smelled like a whorehouse.
2. Picky about: [My son] Axl's bibs. I found this company called Bibbybubby that makes them in prints like camo and plaid. Not so much about: Where I go on date nights [with husband Josh Duhamel], whether it's the movies or a dive bar or Nobu Malibu.
3. I feel for: The homeless and the less fortunate. No sympathy: Backstabbers.
4. Early for: Nothing. Late for: Church.
5. Getting better at: Saying "no" to things. We can have it all, just not all at once. Getting worse at: Putting things back in their place. I don't have the time.
6. Totally get the appeal: Binge-watching Sons of Anarchy, Scandal, Ray Donovan, Nurse Jackie, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Lost—I could go on and on. Don't get at all: Texting at a group dinner.
7. Moment of triumph: Singing for more than a million people in Ipanema Beach on New Year's Eve in 2006. Epic fail: I tried to make my mom's lasagna in a contest with Josh. I didn't cook it long enough, so it was really soggy.
8. Perennially cool: Honesty. Never cool: Manipulating by fear or guilt.
9. Farthest vacation: Maldives for my honeymoon. Nearest: My house! Staycation.
10. Would try once: Hot-air ballooning. No, thanks: Shark-cage diving.
11. Career highlights: Opening for bands like the Rolling Stones, U2, the Police, and Metallica—I remember going to see them in high school. Low point: When I was in Wild Orchid at a fair performance in 1998 and only five people showed up.
12. Subject I won't shut up about lately: My next album, due out later this year. I'm so excited to be making the album that I'm supposed to make. Subject I avoid: Getting back to holiday texts.
13. Endlessly curious about: New fashion shows. I recently got to see my friend Jean Paul Gaultier's final ready-to-wear show in Paris. Zero interest: The McRib sandwich.
14. Worth the wait: Chocolate and Grand Marnier soufflés. Wherever they say it will take 45 minutes or an hour, I always stay and wait. No patience for: When people's actions don't back up their words.
This article appears in the April issue of Marie Claire, on newsstands now.
You should also check out:
Listen to Fergie's First Song in Forever 'L.A. Love (La La)' (opens in new tab)
Fergie Joins the Fight to End Violence Against Women (opens in new tab)
The Instagram Guide to Tecate, Mexico
The Mexican town is known as “Pueblo Magico”—magical town.
By Michelle Stansbury
Worth It: Dior Capture Totale Le Sérum
It's the definition of a do-it-all.
By Samantha Holender
Kaia Gerber Is the First to Admit She's a Nepo Baby: "I Won't Deny the Privilege That I Have"
She made some great points.
By Iris Goldsztajn
Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine Play 'How Well Do You Know Your Co-Star?'
The 'Modern Family' stars reunited for the 'Pitch Perfect' spinoff series.
By Brooke Knappenberger
The 78 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes of All Time
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors