You know how humans cry? And how when women cry they're called "overly emotional?" Yeah, Ashley Iaconetti is here to change that stigma, one televised sob session at a time. The Bachelor in Paradise star has become famous for her public weeping, and her intensely on👌 makeup look—so on that note, we have two important things to discuss.
1. The fact that there's nothing embarrassing about crying in public—even when "in public" is code for "on national TV."
"One of the things I'm trying to do with my friends is start an emotional revolution," Ashley tells MarieClaire.com. "I'm going to try to use my platform as this crying girl on reality TV, and really bring depth and meaning to how people deal with emotion-shaming. Dealing with emotions and expressing yourself doesn't make you weak. Just because I cry, doesn't mean I'm weak—it means I'm expressive and honest enough with my emotions to show people how I'm feeling."
(Side note: the last time Ash cried was two weeks ago due to a dog on Instagram. Been there.)
A photo posted by on
2. The fact that Ashley manages to cry without ruining her glam. We're honestly starting to think she's a beauty wizard and the rest of us are mere Muggles, because this is what she looks like tearing-up:
Actual heck. How are there are no mascara stains to be found?!
Obviously, we needed details on the exact products Ashley uses to attain her beauty look, because who amongst us hasn't had to leave their desk to sob in the bathroom? Especially in the wake of this Brangelina news, which is pushing humanity to its very emotional limit.
1. Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse: "This foundation was discontinued in the U.S., so I get it from eBay and Amazon in Canada." Pssst: When Ashley wants to add a little summer glow, she turns to Becca Cosmetics' Contour Pallette.
2. Lash Extensions: "I'm sans lash extensions now for the first time in 2.5 years. They make you feel beautiful without makeup. You wake up feeling confident. I always asked my lash tech to make them cat eye-D and fanned out at the ends for a sexy, sultry look. However they do require money and time. It becomes a habit like getting your nails done." (Note: fake lashes = no tear streaks.)
3. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara: "When I had lash extensions, I always put a little coat on them. I use L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, which actually works really well. I don't even use waterproof, because waterproof takes out lash extensions."
4. Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder: "I put a layer of this over my foundation to finish the look. It helps everything set and I think it tends to prevent tear tracks. But let's be real—after a good cry on The Bachelor, I usually have to run to the bathroom and touch up."
Cool-cool, pulling an Ashley and scrolling through these Brangelina pictures now.
Stay In The Know
Marie Claire email subscribers get intel on fashion and beauty trends, hot-off-the-press celebrity news, and more. Sign up here.
Mehera Bonner is a celebrity and entertainment news writer who enjoys Bravo and Antiques Roadshow with equal enthusiasm. She was previously entertainment editor at Marie Claire and has covered pop culture for over a decade.
Kim Kardashian Carried a Crystalized Glass Slipper to a Lakers Game
She's a courtside Cinderella!
By Melony Forcier
The Red Carpet For 'The Color Purple' Was Back-to-Back Dazzling Looks
Have you seen Ciara?!
By Fleurine Tideman
Cartier's New Exhibit Takes You on a Journey Through Time
The show celebrates the luxury watch house's profound legacy in full.
By Emma Childs
Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine Play 'How Well Do You Know Your Co-Star?'
The 'Modern Family' stars reunited for the 'Pitch Perfect' spinoff series.
By Brooke Knappenberger
The 78 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes of All Time
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J. Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors