Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Summer just isn't summer without Project Runway, so we couldn't get wait to get out of the heat last night to catch up with Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and the gang. Now in its tenth season (which, as Michael Kors likes to point out, is "more seasons than I Love Lucy"), the premiere was definitely a bit retrospective. The designer's lounge is a scrapbook to seasons past and the workroom features photos of past winners (hellloooo, Anya, Gretchen and Christian Siriano!).
But within the first few minutes of the season premiere, it was all about the 16 new designers. Here, our favorite moments from the first ep.
1. The biggest runway presentation in Project Runway history. Last season, the contestants kicked off the season with the show's very first public presentation, but this year they kicked it up a big notch. Not only was this first runway show in public, it was at the center of the universe in New York City's Times Square. Sure, not our favorite place in the world, but that's kind of a big deal.
2. The very first feud. As friendly as the contestants might try to be, there's always a few diva moments. Our favorite so far is between 22-year-old Gunnar Deatherage and 24-year-old Christopher Palu. Not only do the kinda-sorta look alike, but Gunnar admits that Christopher is "very similar to my personality." As Gunnar throws a fit in the first 10 minutes of the show, Chris exclaims, "This isn't Project Obnoxious!" Can't wait to see how this goes. (Honorable mention feud goes to Dmitry Sholokhov and Buffi Jashanmal. That's definitely going to blow up soon.)
3. Kooan Kosuke. The Japanese-born designer looks like he arrived at Parsons straight out of anime and his street fashion reminds us a bit too much of Saturday Night Live's "J-Pop America Fun Time Now!" bit. During his workroom visit, Tim Gunn never looked more confused.
4. The guest judges. Project Runway brought back the show's very first guest judge, costume designer Patricia Field, and welcomed Lauren Graham, an actress we just adore. I mean, who wouldn't listen to the advice of Lorelai Gilmore?
5. Christopher's winning dress. The judges dolled out the compliments on his floor-length, fabric-manipulated frock. Heidi called it "awesome." Michael Kors said it was "really, really well done." And, Nina, the show's toughest critic, was especially complimentary: "You took a fabric that looks … okay and you made it look remarkable. It completely changed my perspective of you immediately." A little back-handed, but we'll take it!
Project Runway airs Thursday nights on Lifetime at 9 p.m. EST.
The 37 Best Movies on Netflix
Of the hundreds of movies streaming on Netflix, these are the best of the best.
By Brooke Knappenberger
What are ETFs?
And why are "elder Millennials" pouring a record amount of money into exchange-traded funds? Read on to learn whether investing in ETFs is right for your wealth-building goals.
By Elana Lyn Gross
Imperfections Were the Inspiration for The Real Real’s Fourth Original ReCollection
The 90-piece collection gives new life to unwanted pieces.
By Sara Holzman
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors
Surprise! Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Nick Jonas Are Parents
They welcomed a baby via surrogate.
By Neha Prakash
Meghan and Harry Share First Photo of Their Daughter Lilibet Diana
The Sussex's holiday card is here!
By Rachel Epstein
Virgil Abloh Has Died at Age 41, Celebrities Pay Tribute to Designer
He was battling cancer.
By Iris Goldsztajn
The 50 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes Ever
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Alicia Keys Gets What She Wants
With her jazzy new album, Keys, the singer stopped worrying about everything except what matters: Her own opinion.
By Jessica Herndon