Yes, you could slap on a pair of ears and a bodysuit and call yourself a mouse (duh), but it's always more fun to get creative for Halloween—from your hair to your carefully curated outfit. This year, draw inspiration for your homemade costume from these 12 pop-culture characters, ranging from culturally relevant to all-time classics.
1. Crystal Primrose Hair Comb, $162
2. Likely Driggs Dress, $178
3. Le Specs Cat-Eye Tortoiseshell Acetate Sunglasses, $60
4. Bling Jewelry, $33
5. Long Black Nylon Gloves, $8
A black cigarette holder in hand and you're all set to play one of Manhattan's most iconic silver screen socialites, Holly Golightly. The best part about this outfit is that you probably already own the work-friendly black sheath: now all you have to do is some light shopping on the accessories.
1. Halston Heritage Elbow Sleeve Gown, $147
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, $21
3. Yellow Gold Spike Band Knuckle Ring, $85
4. Micah Light Gold Lace-Up Flat Sandals, $19
To portray the Mother of Dragons, hair and makeup is key from a waterfall braid to some heavily filled-in brows.
1. Maximus Silky Hair Clip, $54
2. Burberry Fur Coat, $3,495
3. Lacoste Cotton Pique Polo Dress, $77
4. Cole Haan Emmons II Loafer, $100
Some heavy eyeliner and a blunt bob are the final accents to this iconic indie role. You could probably source everything from a faux-fur coat to some worn-in loafers at a local thrift store, too.
1. Reversible Sateen Bomber Jacket, $80
2. Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Raglan Tee-Shirt, $22
3. Gold Spike Stretch Bracelet, $17
4. Converse Chuck Taylor Americana High Top, $60
Load up on the spiked gold jewelry and eye makeup this year to play Suicide Squad baddie Harley Quinn. To complete the look, check out this makeup moment for inspiration and chalk-dye your hair in red, white, and blue.
1. Scoopneck One-Piece Swimsuit, $88
2. Flannel Check Long Sleeve Shirt, $2
3. Moto Rich Indigo Jamie Jeans, $21
4. Schutz Wedge Heeled Sandals, $180
Mickey, the lovable stoner cynic on Netflix's Love, also happens to have one of the most recognizable outfit combos in recent TV history, and we're okay with wearing this one way past Halloween.
1. Retro Hippie Round Colour Lens Glasses, $10
2. Laurette Dress, $30
3. Jeffrey Campbell Over-the-Knee Boot, $185
4. Sherpa Denim Jacket, $178
Penny Lane's cool Band Aid aesthetic (complete with wild curls) from Almost Famous never gets old. This year, emulate the Free Love-era with a '70s-inspired Mongolian fur shawl collar and Penny's signature blue tinted lenses.
1. Off-the-Shoulder Bodysuit, $37
2. Chunky Hoop Earrings, $16
3. Faux Leather Leggings, $65
4. Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Bergen Clogs, $53
5. Rouge Allure Intense Long-Wear Lip Colour in 'Passion,' $37
The Grease heroine is a classic for Halloween moments from a red lip and tight curls to thigh-hugging leather. "Tell me about it, stud."
1. Multicolor Butterfly Band, $4
2. Vintage Wash Crewneck Tee, $13
3. Satin Lipstick in 'Casablanca,' $31
4. Vans Washed Denim Shoes, $40
5. Orange Scrubs, $14
Nab Piper's look (or another of your favorite prison characters) from Orange Is the New Black with a pair of tangerine scrubs, understated sneakers, and a temporary tattoo—the more visible the ink, the better.