Wardrobe Essentials for any Budget
Q: I have a small budget for shopping. What items are essential for my wardrobe?
A full wardrobe does not have to break the bank. Make sure you have these fabulous essentials, and your pockets won't run dry!
1. A flat-front, bootleg-cut pant in dressy khaki, dark denim or classic black
2. A man's classic white shirt
3. A sheath dress (cut A-line if you are bottom-heavy)
4. A cashmere twinset in your favorite colors
5. A skirt that flatters your figure (straight if you are petite or top-heavy; A-line if you are heavier around the hips/thighs; bias if you have a boyish figure)
6. A classic pump
7. One great bag -- a casual tote or structured top-handle bag
8. Denim jacket
9. Fresh new T-shirts in black and white
10. Gold hoop earrings
Stick with classic colors for longevity -- black, white, neutrals and denim. Buy some items in your favorite colors.