The Best Music for the Elliptical Trainer
A Mighty Windbreaker
Anorak, $445, shoes, $205, DKNY; jeans, $69, DKNY Jeans; ring, price upon request, David Webb. On right arm: Alligator bracelets, price upon request, Barry Kieselstein-Cord Design; link bracelet, price upon request, Verdura; pink bangle, $65, A.V. Max. On left arm: Pink bangle, $65, A.V. Max; cuff, $575, Kara by Kara Ross.
Photo Credit: Fabio Chizzola
Though each person's workout is different, the tempo range
that generally suits the elliptical is 124-128 BPM. Here's a list of
well-ranked songs within that window. They might seem too fast or
slow for your own routine, at first. If so, adjusting the resistance
on the machine should help you get in sync.
1. David Bowie - Rebel Rebel - 126 BPM
2. Ercola & Daniella - Every Word (Wendel Kos Radio Edit) - 128 BPM
3. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 -127 BPM
4. Does It Offend You, Yeah? - We Are Rockstars - 128 BPM
5. MSTRKRFT & John Legend - Heartbreaker - 128 BPM
6. DJ Felli Fel, T-Pain, Sean Paul, Flo Rida & Pitbull - Feel It - 125 BPM
7. Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At? - 128 BPM
8. Enrique Iglesias & Ciara - Takin Back My Love - 125 BPM
9. Salt-N-Pepa - Push It - 127 BPM
10. Hard-Fi - Hard to Beat -125 BPM
MC's resident DJ, Chris Lawhorn, weeds through the Top 40 charts to find the best new workout music. The songs are organized, by beats per minute, into playlists designed to match the speed of your routine while maximizing its results.
Chris Lawhorn spent his teens playing in punk and folk bands in Fort Wayne, IN. Apart from the occasional solo album, the rocking has taken a backseat to deejaying and production for his Case/Martingale label. Thankfully, this means that time once spent sleeping in the back of a van has since been freed up to scour places like Buenos Aires and Osaka for new music.
Chris has a bachelor's degree in English and telecommunications from Ball State University. It finally got put to use in creating RunHundred.com - a website that helps people find music that fits the pace of their workouts.