1. My definition of a mental-health day is every day. I don’t like the idea that a mental-health day has to stick out among all the other days of the year.
2. I unwind by sitting in a pile with my family on the couch, usually watching some animal show. Snuggling gives me the greatest sense of calm.
3. My happy place is doing puzzles.
4. On a good day, I deal with rejection by brushing it off; on a bad day, I deal with rejection by getting in my own head.
5. The not-so-great coping mechanism I had to abandon is crying. Good crying is a great release; sad crying—I actually have to put a time limit on myself. I feel a lot.
6. When I’m being pulled in many directions, my first reaction is always “Okay, how much can I get done?” But I often overwhelm myself and need to set a boundary.
7. To calm down, the workout I turn to is yoga.
8. I clean my house and I pick up after my kids every day to help me feel grounded.
9. When I can’t sleep, I take a Hello Bello sleep gummy.
10. If I’m stressed before bed, I vent to my husband because I don’t want those thoughts or feelings seeping into my dreams or nightmares; if I’m stressed when I wake up, I meditate.
11. When my partner/kid/family is driving me crazy, I start to sweat because I want to meet their needs, but I also want to meet my own. I’ve found that taking little breaks— 20 minutes alone in a room, as silly as that may sound—has helped me a ton.
12. The one person I know I can always be myself with is my dog. There’s no judgment, just love.
13. I feel the most confident when I’ve put on lipstick.
A post shared by kristen bell (@kristenanniebell)
A photo posted by on
14. When negative self-talk is filling my head, I reset by reading the news because it’s always going to be worse than what’s in my head.
15. The best piece of advice my therapist has given me is “Do something nice today and don’t get caught.”
16. The TV show I watch to de-stress is “Dateline.”
17. My mental-health mantra is “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt said that, and I might get it tattooed on my lower back; you never know.
This story appears in the April 2021 issue of Marie Claire.
The Perfumer Behind Last Year's Most Talked-About Fragrance Just Released Another Perfect Scent
Aqua Media Cologne forte embodies a feeling of balance and harmony.
By Deena Campbell
'Yellowface' Is Our June Book Club Pick
Read an excerpt from R.F. Kuang's latest novel, here, then dive in with us throughout the month.
By Brooke Knappenberger
I Scoured the Summer Runways—Here Are the Six Shoe Trends Actually Worth Buying
Hit the ground running this season.
By Emma Childs
The Andie MacDowell Renaissance Is Upon Us
The '90s icon has always done things her own way. Now, the world is finally catching up to her.
By Sara Stewart
My Beauty DNA: Deepika Padukone
The Bollywood superstar shares her ethos around beauty and how her upbringing is helping her carve out a unique niche in the wellness industry.
By Deepika Padukone as told to Neha Prakash
24 Hours With Diipa Büller-Khosla
The influencer and founder of Indē Wild talks Ayurvedic practices and the beauty secrets her mom taught her.
By Neha Prakash
18 Fall Hairstyles Perfect for Crisp Weather
Time to experiment.
By Taylore Glynn
30 Pretty Middle Part Hairstyles That Come Gen Z-Approved
It's a middle part world—we're just living in it.
By Alexis Gaskin
Beauty Inside and Out: Antoni Porowski
The cookbook author shares his favorite wellness products and go-to comfort food recipe.
By Neha Prakash
Chrissy Teigen Blasts Piers Morgan in Defense of Jennifer Aniston
Don't mess with girl power.
By Lauren Alexis Fisher
Ana de Armas Is Obsessed With Her Theragun
Here, the Bond Girl shares her self care routine.
By Taylore Glynn