1. What brings you the greatest joy? My son.
2. What is the best advice you've ever been given? By my mother: Do unto others as you want done to you.
3. What charities do you support? I am a true supporter of humanitarian aid. Emergency-response results in conflict zones are so immediate that I have a real appreciation for people who work in the relief world. I try to integrate my work with the UN and my organization, Africa Outreach Project, to support that.
4. What is not to be missed on TV? Any form of crime show. I'm a sucker for all of them.
5. What's on your bucket list? Climbing Kilimanjaro.
6. Who do you follow on social media? I don't follow anybody, but I sometimes check in on Seth MacFarlane's Twitter account because I find him very funny, and Chelsea Handler's account. And Steve Martin's got a good one going, too.
7. What do you wish someone would invent? Something that makes ironing sheets easier. There's something so nice about crisp, crisp, crisp sheets.
8. What book had a profound effect on you? The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
9. Do you have a secret talent? I'm very, very good at cleaning. I would be an excellent butler.
10. What irrational fears do you have? Fear of flying.
11. Who is your girl crush? Juliette Binoche.
12. What are your vices? My liquor cabinet (always a good wine, a nice Armagnac, and vodka) and starch.
13. What's your go-to karaoke song? I'll tell you what my not-go-to karaoke song is. I learned it the hard way. "Danny Boy." That is a long song.
14. Of the seven deadly sins, which are you guilty of? I'm probably guilty of all of them, but I do think I have a sense of pride that sometimes gets in the way.
15. What would be your last meal? Oh, easy: a good bowl of udon noodles.
16. Favorite restaurant in the world? That's really tough. Sushi Park in Los Angeles.
17. Favorite hotel? Jesus. Four Seasons Resort in Maldives.
18. How did you make your first dollar? Singing in a plaza in South Africa.
19. What should every woman try at least once in her life? Doing the complete opposite of what you're told.
20. How would you like to be remembered? For being authentic.
1. J'adore by Dior
2. The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery
3. Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
4. Crisp sheets—one of Theron's favorite things
5. Juliette Binoche, her current girl crush
6. A good bowl of udon noddles: her ideal last meal
Charlize Theron: Nobody's Fool (opens in new tab)
20 Questions With Michelle Dockery (opens in new tab)
20 Questions with Sarah Jessica Parker (opens in new tab)
Image via Getty Images
Hairstylists Agree: These Are the Biggest Hair Trends for 2023
It’s the year of sleek, statement-making styles and baby bangs.
By Samantha Holender
Rita Ora Breaks Down the Beauty Symbolism in “You Only Love Me”
The singer talks to Marie Claire about her favorite Iconic London products, the hidden meaning behind her bridal beauty glam, and why Sophia Loren was the inspiration for her “playful” makeup.
By Samantha Holender
The Most Eagerly Anticipated Action Movies of 2023
It's going to be an exciting spring for action movie fans.
By Quinci LeGardye
Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine Play 'How Well Do You Know Your Co-Star?'
The 'Modern Family' stars reunited for the 'Pitch Perfect' spinoff series.
By Brooke Knappenberger
The 78 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes of All Time
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors