1. Picky about:My meals, mattress, and car Not so much about: My hair color. I'm sort of open to different tones.
2. I feel for: People who are trying their hardest but can't seem to come upon any good fortune. No sympathy: Those who take things for granted.
3. Glad it's ahead of me: More traveling. I cannot wait to discover new places. Glad it's behind me: Even tough times have med me who I am today.
4. Early for: Morning hikes. Late for: Dress fittings with my stylist. He always wants to kill me.
5. Would pay good money for: A vacation. I work hard, but I also need my downtime. Wouldn't take even if free: Six-inch heels.
6. Fear conquered: Jumping into the middle of unchartered waters and skydiving. Not quite there yet: Swimming with sharks.
7. Moment of triumph: Quitting smoking. Epic fail: My tap-dancing career.
8. Skills mastered: Riding a motorcycle really fast. Can't quite get the hang of: Flying a kite.
9. Farthest vacation: Greece. Nearest: My bathtub.
10. Would try once: Almost anything. No, thanks: Eating Armadillo.
11. Too much in my life: Reality television. Not enough of: Time in the studio making music.
12. Worth the wait: Filming Bessie. Wanted to do it forever, but the timing was just right. No patience for: Bullshit
13. Career highlight: Ahhh, there have been so many—playing Bessie Smith, winning a Golden Globe for Life Support, producing with my partner Shakim Compere. Low point: I can't say a specific low, but I've been faced with a lot of challenges. Those lows have all turned into highs because I never took "no" for an answer.
14. Endlessly curious about: The world, math, science, different cultures. Zero interest: Negativity.
15. Totally get the appeal: Running a marathon. Don't get at all: Swimming in freezing-cold water.
16. Perfect day begins with: An amazing hike in 60-degree weather. And ends with: A meal at Milos in Manhattan with friends.
You should also check out:
10 Things You Didn't Know About Queen Latifah Video (opens in new tab)
Queen Latifah Now Designing Clothes for HSN (opens in new tab)
6 Horrible Life Lessons from 'Game of Thrones': Season 5, Episode 3 (opens in new tab)
It's Not Too Early to Start Thinking About Festival Fashion
Get inspired for your trip to the desert.
By Julia Marzovilla
This Magic Concealer Is My Holy Grail
It works like magic on pimples, under the eyes, *and* around the face.
By Julia Marzovilla
The Jewelry Trend Report You Need Ahead of Spring
Super-sized pearls, summer camp-core, and more.
By Emma Childs
Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine Play 'How Well Do You Know Your Co-Star?'
The 'Modern Family' stars reunited for the 'Pitch Perfect' spinoff series.
By Brooke Knappenberger
The 78 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes of All Time
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors