Be prepared but not so prepared you can't pop into Zara for an emergency scarf/jumper—that's my motto. Because fall weather is as wishy-washy as Khloé and Lamar (before they *finally* decided to let love win), there's really only so much you can do beyond layering and keeping your core warm. Here, we proudly present five chic outfits for five temperature ranges. Results may vary. *denies responsibility for frostbite and hypothermia in super-fast infomercial voice*
It's basically summer but doesn't *feel* like summer, so we've paired a (sleeveless) knit with bare legs and tons of in-season texture (snakeskin, leather, etc.).
1. Le Specs cat-eye sunglasses, $69, nordstrom.com.
2. Sister Jane shirt, $89, pixiemarket.com.
3. Mango sweater vest, $59.99, shop.mango.com.
4. Candamill Racer bag, $1,480, candamill.com.
5. River Island snake-print skirt, $60, riverisland.com.
6. Topshop loafers, $130, topshop.com.
Bring up the boot-shaft height, and you still won't need tights. A sweater vest with wide arm holes provides ventilation/can come off in more tropical microclimates, while the beret (pronounced "BEAR-ay" like you're British) ups the fun.
1. Zara sweater, $49.90, zara.com.
2. Urban Outfitters wool beret, $34, urbanoutfitters.com.
3. Trademark silk turtleneck, $328, trade-mark.com.
4. ASOS suede bag, $63, asos.com.
5. Aska Collection tall boots, $605, askacollection.com.
6. Mango slit-hem skirt, $49.99, shop.mango.com.
Speak softly and wear a great jacket—another one of my mottos. Now's the time you want to cover up your legs—save for possibly a sliver of ankle between your pink patent boots and the hem of your cropped, flared jeans—and accessorize the bits of you that still stick out.
1. The Arrivals leather moto jacket, $685, thearrivals.com.
2. Ariel Gordon nameplate stud, $350, arielgordon.com.
3. & Other Stories cutout turtleneck sweater, $85, stories.com.
4. Dorateymur boots, $655, brownsfashion.com.
5. Opening Ceremony marble leather bag, $455, openingceremony.us.
6. Frame Denim cropped jeans, $250, net-a-porter.com.
Vibes: Natalie Joos in Ellery except with more layers of blanketing. Sneakers because why would you wear heels with a sweater suit? Lipstick because a bright orange-red wards off SAD.
1. Uniqlo sweater, $29.90, uniqlo.com.
2. Boohoo rib-knit co-ords, $50, boohoo.com.
3. Aritzia hat, $25, aritzia.com.
4. AYR wool coat, $585, ayr.com.
5. Adidas Superstar Foundation shoes, $80, adidas.com.
6. Winky Lux lipstick in Poppy, $13, winkylux.com.
Purple velvet pants + a teddy-bear coat + pearl-embellished boots = three reasons to keep going when it's cold AF outside.
1. Trademark fur coat, $698, trade-mark.com.
2. H&M chiffon blouse, $29.99, hm.com.
3. Joe Fresh knit hat, $19, joefresh.com.
4. Mango croc-effect bag, $39.99, shop.mango.com.
5. J Brand velvet skinny trousers, $228, jbrand.com.
6. Eugenia Kim ankle boots, $795, eugeniakim.com.