One of the best things about CBD is how you can take it in a bunch of forms—including, of course, with chocolate.
As part of our exploration of all things CBD, Marie Claire teamed up with Delish to create a gooey, soft, peanut-butter-frosting-topped brownie with a perfect dose of CBD. And the hilarious Rachel Feinstein joined the party. (Because the only thing more fun than cooking with CBD is cooking with a CBD-enthusiast who's a comedian!)
Delish's Lena Abraham brought Rachel into the Delish test kitchen to cook up a storm, make the ultimate CBD dessert, and learn a little bit about cooking with the cannabinoid. (For example, did you know that CBD has a boiling point of between 320°F and 350°F? That means you can't bake it at the temperature brownies require, which is why mixing CBD into a frosting or a topping is a good choice!)
The full recipe is below, but you should definitely watch the hilarious video to understand exactly how to make them as chocolatey, soft, and chock-full of CBD as Lena and Rachel's batch.
For the brownies:
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips, divided
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
For the peanut butter swirl:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- CBD oil
(Note: For a 1,000mg vial, like this Rosebud oil, one full dropper is around 33mg; Try to aim for between 15-25mg per serving of the brownies. That means, for this recipe which serves about 12, go for 6 full droppers. Here's an equation table if you need help.)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9”-×-13” inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Set a large heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water to create a double-boiler. Add butter, chocolate chips, and CBD oil to bowl. Heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat, then whisk in sugars and stir until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring well between each addition, then stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and fold in dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Make peanut butter swirl: In a heatproof bowl, microwave peanut butter on high for 30 seconds. Stir in melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Drizzle over brownie better, then use a knife to swirl.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
Tia Is Launching Fertility—and Preparing for a Post-Roe America
As women's healthcare startup Tia was gearing up to debut fertility care and a new clinic, the Roe v. Wade leak prompted CEO Carolyn Witte to accelerate plans to offer medication abortions, marking the most defining moment yet for the company.
By Tanya Benedicto Klich
The Cannes Film Festival 2022: The Best Red Carpet Looks
Here's what everyone wore for the festival's 75th year.
By Sara Holzman
Why the Royals Have to Adhere to Strict Dining Rules, According to an Etiquette Expert
Imagine the infamy of sticking your pinky out when drinking tea, LOL.
By Iris Goldsztajn
Meet the Woman Blending the Traditional and the Modern in French Winemaking
How Florence Haynes combined the traditional and the contemporary for Gratien & Meyer Crémant de Loire.
The 10 Best Nonstick Cookware Sets
The nonstick pans, pots, and skillets that make cooking easy.
By Nicole Papantoniou, Good Housekeeping Institute
The Royal Family Shared the Recipe for the Queen's Favorite Boozy Christmas Pudding
The Royal Family Twitter account shared the royal chef's recipe for the Queen's favorite boozy Christmas pudding.
By Kayleigh Roberts
5 Best Soda Streams for Convenient Carbonation
Upgrade your sparkling water game with a Soda Stream carbonator that'll fizz up drinks in a flash.
By Zarah A. Kavarana
3 Pro Tips for Putting Together the Best Bouquets
Essential advice for everyday enthusiasts and budding florists alike.
By Marie Claire
39 Super Easy Fourth of July Cocktails to Try
Forget the fireworks. The real show is what you can make with your bar cart.
By Bianca Rodriguez
15 Percent Pledge Calls On Stores to Dedicate Shelf Space to Black-Owned Businesses
"We must do better. So, we’re starting now."
By Kristin Salaky
The Power of 10 Restaurant Relief Effort Joins With Capital One
The collaboration has served 20,000 meals to frontline workers so far.
By Bianca Rodriguez